GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Very surprised when he took Dele-Bashiru off.

I would've thought Kachunga for Paterson (or Windass) would've made more sense, but was also look like a greater necessity given the fact Paterson had already seemed to run out of steam.

Pelupessy on and we just got more men behind the ball looking for to hit more on the break.

When you do that, you either get another goal, or you concede. I'd rather we were more positive and just took the game to them.

Are you serious? With two forced substitutes And hitting the bar whilst on too you can’t put the blame at his door. 

The fact that we didn’t have Iorfa and Issy Brown at our disposal shows it was a good effort albeit didn’t get the 3 points. 

Don’t think its the strikers issue anymore, it’s the Lack of cutting edge in midfield for me and creating the chances in the first place - which we barely did this game

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm sure Monk had a different strategy for subs, but when you lose Iorfa in training, his replacement goes off after 2 minutes, his replacement goes off at HT and Lees goes off after 80 minutes leaving us to play the last 15 with 10 men and one recognised CB...it's difficult for him to affect the game.

Second half was better, had we not suffered injuries we would have seen the game out. QPR benefitted from a huge amount of good fortune today.

Last season we'd have lost that, everyone ran themselves into the ground until the last minute. Not a great performance but a point closer to survival.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd say the injures to Iorfa, Shaw, Palmer and Lees played a pretty big role in that result today, as did Luongo's miss in the final few minutes.

Terrible luck has done for us today.

That's a more rational view.

I wanted to punch something when that equaliser went in. But sometimes you've got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and look forwards. The vitriol spewed at Monk and several players won't help.

I'm more worried about the injuries than the result.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Awful conditions but tactics were spot on. 

Play safe in the first half, looking to force QPR into an error. 

Defend incredibly given the injuries and conditions.  

Grow into the game, get the goal, nearly get another.   Constant pressure and harrying. 

Unlucky to concede because Lees went off.  

Well done boys.  Love this new attitude Wednesday.  

Alls perfect then, cant see us having a problem this season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Grow into the game, get the goal, nearly get another.   Constant pressure and harrying. 

In one - progress maintained...

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

We didn't play great. But did what we could under the circumstances. Unlucky and that is all. Let's be honest people are looking for amy excuse

• Like 4
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd say the injures to Iorfa, Shaw, Palmer and Lees played a pretty big role in that result today, as did Luongo's miss in the final few minutes.

Terrible luck has done for us today.

The defensive injuries didn't have a bearing on the first 95 minutes when we were awful as usual but still didn't concede though. 

• Like 1