GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

As usual the expectations of the fans are ridiculous.  

Same of fans, thinking we should play like world beaters, Chansiri should spend millions and millions on players and Guardiola should be manager. 

Get a grip.  

That was a solid, high effort Championship performance. 

I can remember times when we were desperate for commitment like that. 

Think the raw emotion is the frustration of another late throwaway and our home form in 2020 of 1 win in 14 with just 6 goals scored. Is that acceptable? My expectations and hope is 21st as are a lot of peoples but doesn't take away the frustration and anger of throwing that away again. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The frustration for me has come from more than one performance. Today is something we’ve seen too often.

I can’t get behind someone who doesn’t try to win football matches at home. 

1 win in 14 games at Hillsborough in 2020. 
3 first half goals in 12 months at Hillsborough.
Only lead once at HT at home in 12 months. 

When was the last time we really put a team to sword at Hillsborough? 

Dunno, its not something we do is it?

We take the lead and think we have done enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think the raw emotion is the frustration of another late throwaway and our home form in 2020 of 1 win in 14 with just 6 goals scored. Is that acceptable? My expectations and hope is 21st as are a lot of peoples but doesn't take away the frustration and anger of throwing that away again. 

10 men due to injury and tons of injured players before and during the game. 

I expect the ‘fans’ to back the performance and circumstances. 

The fanbase has become toxic in recent years.   Unjustifiably. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I still can't believe there are fans that want to give him more time.

What's his record at Wednesday or at Hillsborough? Must be amongst the worst in this clubs history!

51 games 16 wins 14 draws 21 defeats!

Shocking Record, worse than Jos!

I cannot believe that is the agenda on this very website.

Only an imbecile would back Monk, yet the owner of this site berates anyone giving the journeyman manager, who is hardly any age - tells anyone giving Monk a hard time that they do not know what they are talking about.

Its almost like the owner of this website is trying to alienate SWFC fans by backing this IMBECILE Monk.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Long ball first half

Get a goal

We’re doing well and on top

Brings off FDB who is just getting into the game

Goes backs the the wall with 35 mins left

Inverts the wingers despite the wingers being on the right side serving us PERFECTLY WELL

Absolutely clueless joke of a manager

Only silver lining is that the Monk apologists can now see it clearly 

Oh and Van Aken was poo all day and bailed out a dozen times by Lees who was OUTSTANDING

fizz off Monk, UTO

Disagree with that you mothers

I disagree 

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

As usual the expectations of the fans are ridiculous.  

Same of fans, thinking we should play like world beaters, Chansiri should spend millions and millions on players and Guardiola should be manager. 

Get a grip.  

That was a solid, high effort Championship performance. 

I can remember times when we were desperate for commitment like that. 

We had solid, high effort performances before Monk came and when we had players who apparently didn't put the effort in, we must have done as every manager we have had has a better points per game record than our current one.

Not good enough. Don't waste 45 minutes of football at home by playing safe - we were lucky not to be losing at half-time.

6 minutes ago, cowl said:

The defensive injuries don't explain why we changed Dele-Bashiru for Pelupessy.

You've actually got to question why Joey is still with us after his contract expired in the summer.

Thought , bringing him on signified a hold-on-to -what-we've-got mentality at a time we were the better side. It didn't work, as so often has been the case.

17 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I still can't believe there are fans that want to give him more time.

What's his record at Wednesday or at Hillsborough? Must be amongst the worst in this clubs history!

51 games 16 wins 14 draws 21 defeats!

Shocking Record, worse than Jos!

His record this season,is all that matters,YES it was disappointing to lose 2 points so late in the game,I didnt see the goal,but i havnt been a fan of Dawson TBH,was it bad luck? bad GK? or bad defending? all 3?...comments please(objective please!!) if you actually watched it..

And NO i still dont want Dawson replaced by Westwood...

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Only an imbecile would back Monk, yet the owner of this site berates anyone giving the journeyman manager, who is hardly any age - tells anyone giving Monk a hard time that they do not know what they are talking about.

Its almost like the owner of this website is trying to alienate SWFC fans by backing this IMBECILE Monk.

Calm down you silly sod. 

• Like 1

Just now, parajack said:

His record this season,is all that matters,YES it was disappointing to lose 2 points so late in the game,I didnt see the goal,but i havnt been a fan of Dawson TBH,was it bad luck? bad GK? or bad defending? all 3?...comments please(objective please!!) if you actually watched it..

Managers should be judged on their entire record, and seeing as though Monk has failed at every club he's been at the last year has proved he'll never be a good manager!

And I agree that Dawson should not be replaced by Westwood!

But Dawson isn't good enough, along with alot of other players!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

People are making excuses for Monk here.

Yes the 2 injuries were unfortunate 

Yes Luongo hitting the bar was unfortunate 

But

This is not just the odd game we are conceding late goals. We are sitting on 1 goal leads and draws hoping to make it to the final whistle. 

it isn’t good enough.

Agree  

Mental people can't see the significant impact the injuries had on the result. Bash Monk if we don't have any by all means, but today was not our day, it happens. Suck it up, move on and look for a positive reaction next game(s). Doesn't make it any less frustrating but that's football. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

It wasn’t bad luck or bad goalkeeping, it was bad management.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Dunno, its not something we do is it?

We take the lead and think we have done enough.

Seemingly so. It’s not a good approach. I think I have to go back to Bruce for the last time we really went and hurt a team at Hillsborough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I don't say this often on this website but seriously  - GROW UP

Owlstalk Shop