GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Monk doesn't get results he's out. Get results he stays. Time will tell

That's right now he has his own team no excuses...but, we are going to drop points throughout the season so there's no reason after every loss to keep coming out with the crap about Monk being sacked because it isn't going to happen. At the end of the season see if we've progressed if not get someone better.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

That's right now he has his own team no excuses...but, we are going to drop points throughout the season so there's no reason after every loss to keep coming out with the crap about Monk being sacked because it isn't going to happen. At the end of the season see if we've progressed if not get someone better.

I honestly believe that ALL clubs  should be banned from ever sacking a manager mid-season

They should be forced to stick with their chosen manager from the start of a season to the end of it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Of course we are going to drop points every team does. Whether he gets a full season depends on where we are in the league, too far adrift with no signs of improving then he goes and fresh impetus that could be crucial can arrive. We cannot afford to be relegated with all that is happening at the moment.

• Like 1

I’ve been critical, very critical, because the performance and results were shocking. 

i said I will keep my powder dry for ten games and see how it goes now he has everything he wants. But there’s no more excuses for him now. 

Reasonably happy with what he’s doing. We have four more points than I thought we would at this stage. Let’s see where we are after ten gamesmanship I 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Okay, I'll bite.

Dear Monk "In" Rabble

We in the mob are concerned that our current manager has no proven track record of success at any of the number of clubs that he has managed. Add to this the absolutely woeful form that he oversaw since the start of the year (2nd worst in the league). Average (at best) managers dont suddenly become Brian Clough overnight. In addition to that there are a number of better managers currently out of work and available, one even has the same initials.

That said, DC has clearly backed his man and we recognise the need to pull together for the better of the club. Our powder will indeed be kept dry until results & performances go south under the current occupant of the Hillsborough hotseat.

Yours Sincerely - The Monk "Out" Mob

PS: Note to members - next meeting is on Saturday Morning at 6 am in Grenoside Woods (after the Dogging fraternity have gone home) for a 5 mile run to Wharncliffe Crags & back. Please dont forget your Ginger Wigs.

You mean that fella who signed Julian Bennett, twice

I'll stick with Monk

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Whether Monk ends up staying all season or not, one thing is for sure and that the squad will be in a much better position in terms of average age and desire. We will also be closer to getting Westwood and Rhodes off the books which is a massive boost. 

If we can just stay up this season then thing will be much rosier for the club. Yes managers come and go but the core of the club will be in a much better state.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So at what point if we are still 6-9 points adrift of 4th bottom do we leave it, do we hope come the end of the season Monk has kept us up. Of course if we go down we could well not come back for quite a few years. We would lose at least £10m from the drop in tv money and other incomes. We would have to get rid of 90% of the first team due to the league salary caps in place.

So do we give Monk targets to hit throughout the season, or do we just wing it and hope for the best.

For me one of the Monk out brigade his record since Xmas would have got any manager in any league the sack, he seems to struggle to get the best out of experienced players and seems to have a real problem with playing players in their preferred position. He picks formation and tactics that don't seem to fit the players he has available, but then more worrying, in the two transfer windows he has not tried to sign those players such as Wingback, midfield ball winner for 3-5-2 system.

The lack of forward planning is also an issue, though this could be governed by the chairman running of the club, in May we knew the situation with the league and the next season, so why allow all of our striker options to leave with only Rhodes the most useless of all the strikers we had, to stayed and continue to pocket close to £40k a week for doing not a great deal.

For me Monk has 10 games to get into positive numbers or he is gone, if we are in the bottom 3 come Xmas he is gone to give the new man who ever that be 20 games to keep us up.

But should the team start consistently performing and putting a shift in every match and the team start winning games and moving up the league then I will back Monk, but up to now he has not shown me anything to suggest this will happen, we seem to take 1 step forward and 3 back under him. 

I also think the lack of crowds has probably prolonged his stay here as were fans having to watch the rubbished served up after lockdown week in week out, I think they would have been venting their anger and DC would have got rid, he needs to take this chance and prove he has the ability to start moving our once great club forward.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I can see us evolving, I can see positive changes being made, including in recruitment, fitness and organisation.

Im Happy to give monk while Christmas, but if were still adrift and not out of the bottom three by then with almost half a season gone, I'll be expecting Dc to start thinking of pulling the trigger. 

• Like 1