GARRY MONK THREAD - All posts about the manager in here please

Wouldn't say I'm proud of them, but by the same token I'm not going to have a go at them for that. 

I understand the affect losing players in the way we did had. Can't legislate for losing almost our entire defence and finishing the game with 10 men. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, gandiaowl said:

Why was there no spare center half on the bench?  Where is Borner?   Why is Harris allowed to get away without passing when it is the obvious way to go.....every game?  What happened to midfield in the second half?  Why do we allow teams to get to our penalty area before making a tackle.  Why can’t our keeper catch a ball when jumping with player smaller than him.   Why can’t we play out the last few minutes of games? These and many more questions for the manager.   Our survival in this league depends on the manager getting these things right.   I have my doubts. 

Monk wont change, he cant and does not have the ability, Grim.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

People are making excuses for Monk here.

Yes the 2 injuries were unfortunate 

Yes Luongo hitting the bar was unfortunate 

But

This is not just the odd game we are conceding late goals. We are sitting on 1 goal leads and draws hoping to make it to the final whistle. 

it isn’t good enough.

• Like 5

Anyone who can’t see that the complete defensive injury shuffle reshuffle and reshuffle again didn’t have any impact on today’s game need to give their head a wobble 

QPR offered nothing second half and if Lees is still on the pitch at the end we’d be talking about a hard earned win

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Reach and Harris were swapped because there winger had the beating of reach for pace. It was a sensible change considering he had no more options. 

I'm not a huge Monk fan but the blame can't be laid at his door. Thats 4 centre halves out in the space of a couple of days. 

Thankfully we've 2 weeks to at least get one or two back in. 

Plus side, Paterson looks useful and Luongo played well (MOM) again. 

• Like 3

As usual the expectations of the fans are ridiculous.  

Same of fans, thinking we should play like world beaters, Chansiri should spend millions and millions on players and Guardiola should be manager. 

Get a grip.  

That was a solid, high effort Championship performance. 

I can remember times when we were desperate for commitment like that. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The defensive injuries didn't have a bearing on the first 95 minutes when we were awful as usual but still didn't concede though. 

We weren't great, but I'm not sure we were 'awful', either. At the start of the second half, I thought we go on top of them and deserved to take the lead.

It was a typical battle between two average Championship sides who largely cancelled each other out and made it a difficult afternoon for each other. 

As you say, we didn't concede with 11 men on the pitch. That the goal came in the 96th minute whilst our centrebacks were Odubajo, Paterson and van Aken says it all, really.

It was intensely frustrating, but sometimes these things conspire against you. Today was just one of those days.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

But

This is not just the odd game we are conceding late goals. We are sitting on 1 goal leads and draws hoping to make it to the final whistle. 

it isn’t good enough.

We finished the game with 10 men with 

Van Aken. Patterson and Oddjob 

in defence 

just think about that for a while 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

But

it isn’t good enough.

We didn't sit on the lead - we tried to keep it tight and look to pick them off. And it nearly worked - we actually had our clearest chance of the game in the final few minutes. Unfortunately, we hit the bar.

• Like 2