Iorfa being tracked by Watford

It would be classic DC to finally understand the principles of selling for profit at the worst possible time.

That being said, if the money was right and on the proviso that any well run club should have a list of replacement targets for every player/position in our squad then I'd be ok with it.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I'd rather keep him this year if he has another good season his stock will only go up further but the fact is fans need to come to terms with that he may get sold at the end of this season if he has another good run

He’ll only have a year left on his contract at that point so we’d probably get more for him this summer. Either sell him if a huge offer comes in or extend his contract with a view to selling him next summer

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl

In my opinion we’ll be lucky to get more than 5 million for a slightly above average defender. People saying 15 million plus need a reality check. 

" Mr Monk please."

" Who shall I say is calling?"

" Watford."

" I'll put you through."

" Monk, what can I do for you?"

"Hi, I represent Watdford. I've been authorised by the club to make an offer for Domonic Iorfa."

" I'm all ears but I'd better warn you we don't really want to sell him, so it better be good."

" I'm authorised to go to £6m."

" Snigger, You couldn't buy a golden elephant for that. Tell you what I've got an excellent Dutch centre back I might be able to let you have for that much. Hardly broken in, just back from playing in Germany, he's a future star. £6m and I can get one of our fans to drive him down today."

"No it must be Iorfa."

"Bye."

Or something like that.

• Haha 2

Wonder what "Tracking him" actually means, have they got someone shadowing his every move?

When they have finished "Tracking him" will they then "Prepare a bid" ?

When that is done will they "Swoop" for him or will they do the standard "launch a bid"?

This could take a while !

Best hurry up before the  transfer window "slams shut"

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, the monk said:

Wonder what "Tracking him" actually means, have they got someone shadowing his every move?

When that is done will they "Swoop" for him or will they do the standard "launch a bid"?

"Boss, a little plump ginger man with star shaped glasses has been following me around, I keep seeing him everywhere, getting on the bus, after having a kebab in the evening, saw him in the swimming baths, should I go to the police?"

"Nar no Dom, don't worry, it's just Watford tracking you"

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, the monk said:

You've got to love a bit of good, old-fashioned tabloidese.

Watford's spies 'tracking' Iorfa...

Spying.gif.c6feb13011a9069970e61c946e369ccf.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

If he played elsewhere, and we were interested in signing him, how much would we want to pay for him? I don’t think many of us would offer more than £4m.

Yes but we aren't buying him, we are selling him. You want him, you pay.

We 've got to buy cheap and sell dear. We've got to start sometime. Usually we've bought dear and then given them away for nowt.