Iorfa being tracked by Watford

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

10M and I would snap their hand off. That sort of money could be reinvested very well.

Add another 4 million for the money they screwed us out of for Abdi. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It would be swallowed up by the accountants and what's left might pay a couple of U23 players wages for a year.  

They’re useless accountants then. Any decent ones should be able to inflate the value in the books!

3 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Doms twice the player Dawson is.

Dawson is an excellent time-served championship CB

He isn't a "footballer" but he is a very good defender - pretty handy attribute for a centre back

If Watford are serious then i'd be looking to bring Dawson the other way plus cash

If that happens then we get a good slice of cash and a very good proven CB - he was one of Watford's best players after lockdown in project restart

My guess is that he doesn't get into their team currently because he isn't a "footballer defender" - you know the type that can pass the ball but an't defend - step forward Mr Stones and Mr Maquire...

If it's a choice between Cathcart and Dawson then it's the toss of a coin...

In our situation we need defenders to be able to defend first and foremost - the championship is attritional and unforgiving

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Considering we reportedly paid around £350K, £10M plus would be outstanding business.

I do not want to see him go that’s for sure. If he does, club needs to benefit.

Not if we got relegated as a consequence of leaking goals it wouldn't,its simply not the right time.Club needs to stabilise first  & thats likely  to be at least 1 to 3 seasons...And if we want to make a serious push for promotion we need him..Why find  a bargain and knee jerk sell?  No point avoiding relegation either this season,and walking straight into another next

Edited by parajack

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I think Iorfa has been touted around for a bit.

Think Dunkley is the replacement.

If that's the case his price will be lower unless there are a few clubs after him.

If we don't want to sell they need to make a tempting offer. If we are testing the market, the buying club know we are prepared to sell so they only need to agrre a 'fair' price.

£5m if offered for sale would be the best we could expect. The fans won't like it.

If a Premiership club wants him anything can happen. I hope that is the case. He's a good player but a hefty wedge could solve a lot of problems if part reinvested in the squad. 

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

If that's the case his price will be lower unless there are a few clubs after him.

If we don't want to sell they need to make a tempting offer. If we are testing the market, the buying club know we are prepared to sell so they only need to agrre a 'fair' price.

£5m if offered for sale would be the best we could expect. The fans won't like it.

If a Premiership club wants him anything can happen. I hope that is the case. He's a good player but a hefty wedge could solve a lot of problems if part reinvested in the squad. 

I don't know about prices prowl.. it's just my opinion about what's happening with the player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I don't know about prices prowl.. it's just my opinion about what's happening with the player.

That's ok mate. I think you are probably right, I just worry what the fan reaction will be if we flog him 'cheap'.

(cheap relative to what fans think he's worth.)