Iorfa being tracked by Watford

20 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

But the situation now and then is different. We had a glut of big money signings with big wages. Except Rhodes which was a few years ago anyway , we haven’t spent more than 500k on any off our squad and with the exception of him and Westwood all the really big earners have gone. We don’t need to compound this by selling our best players to our rivals. Especially as the only real way around these stupid rules are to get promoted.

And this is we have a 12 point deduction and are in a significantly worse position than we were when DC took over.

It isn't fantasy football, and we aren't currently run effectively as a business.

Guest Jack the Hat
12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And this is we have a 12 point deduction and are in a significantly worse position than we were when DC took over.

It isn't fantasy football, and we aren't currently run effectively as a business.

You are reinforcing my point . The 12 point deduction relates to previous seasons. Lessons have been learned otherwise we wouldn’t have a younger leaner squad. Selling Iorfa won’t unbuy Abdi and Rhodes but it will reduce our chances of getting to the premier league. In the past 18 months we have not paid more than 500k for a player, probably less than 2 mill in total and we sold Joao last season for 5-7. So clearly lessons have been learned.       During all this we have only really had 3 big ticket players we could sell. Forestieri, Joao and Reach.

i wouldn’t have sold FF and by the time I would nobody wanted him. The only one we made a clear mistake with is Reach. 

Fans who don't think we should sell if we get an offer of 10 mill plus really don't understand how football works. We are in this mess because we have failed to sell players for profit previously. Also, You can go and sign players you don't have to stick with what you have. The money would put us in the best financial situation we've been in for years and would allow us to invest in the side. Plenty of players in the lower leagues likes Ross Sykes at Accrington and Perry NG at Crewe who we could get for relatively small fees but with huge resale value. It's what most Championship sides but our fans seem against this for some bizarre reason.

• Like 4

Depends how much they are willing to offer. He's one of our best players and this would mess up our start to the season, so I think it would have to be silly money.

Also, not sure how credible the link is - yeah that Wilmot bloke looked a bit dodgy last week, but he's an England youth international and seemed they were asking him to play out from the back in a way Iorfa doesn't. They also have Kabasele, Cathcart, Craig Dawson and Sierralta (Chilean international) as options at Centre Back. 

It all depends on what the offer is

As was pointed out earlier, the thought of having Palmer in the starting back 3 is a scary one. So we need to make sure we have enough to balance the books and bring somebody else in.

If we can rinse someone for £10mill plus then obviously we’ve got to do it.

But if he’s leaving for a fair price, which would arguably be £3-5mill, then considering our circumstances I’d tell them to come back in January if we’re  safe. 

I’m not saying he’s the difference between staying up or not, but the risk of losing our first choice centre back whilst we’re on minus points really needs to be an offer that’s too good to be true. 

4 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

£8-10m with add ons etc will be good business in my opinion. 

Iorfa has been a great player for us at a bargain price but our mistake in the past has been not listening to offers for our players and then seeing them leave for nothing or their value drops. 

Sell Iorfa to help balance books and reinvest into the team with a few more signings - this is the model we should use. 

Nowhere near enough. 18-24 mill 20% sell on. 

Selling Iorfa while we are 8 points behind the pack with 2 weeks left of the window is suicide imo no matter the price 

I'd we are looking close to safe in January 

Sell if they come back in again 

As for more 10 million 

I wouldn't listen to offers under 15 million plus add ons 

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We failed to take good offers for Lees, Foriestieri, Reach etc etc previously.

All ended up being worth nothing except an expensive drain on our wages.

Hopefully DC has finally learned something.

We've always done it. Any era, any player.

Even back in the 70's we were supposedly offered 100k for David Sunley which we turned down. 2 seasons later we let him go to Hull for 7.5k.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

If we sell him, there has to be a plan in place, and targets already identified, to quickly replace. That’s the bit i worry about. We can’t afford to scout the entire globe for a CB again and pay over the top for a defender who isn’t ready to go straight in.

Surely dunkley is the replacement 

44 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Selling Iorfa while we are 8 points behind the pack with 2 weeks left of the window is suicide imo no matter the price 

I'd we are looking close to safe in January 

Sell if they come back in again 

As for more 10 million 

I wouldn't listen to offers under 15 million plus add ons 

Unless we have a replacement already lined up?

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

There’s the dilemma.

Our players of the season were Fletcher, Fox, Murphy and Iorfa......spot the trend?

Have we got to put a five year limit on it ?

Boughera, Thome, Brunt. Whelan , Antonio, DeCanio Chapman. Bannister, Sterland, Carlton, there’s loads more . The decades may differ but the principle are the same.

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

I'd rather keep him this year if he has another good season his stock will only go up further but the fact is fans need to come to terms with that he may get sold at the end of this season if he has another good run

If he has a bad season we’ll get nowt for him. Been there done that. Exactly the reason we’re in this situation.

Reach, Lees and Forestieri should have all been sold for substantial profit.

• Like 2