Iorfa being tracked by Watford

31 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

£8-10m with add ons etc will be good business in my opinion. 

Iorfa has been a great player for us at a bargain price but our mistake in the past has been not listening to offers for our players and then seeing them leave for nothing or their value drops. 

Sell Iorfa to help balance books and reinvest into the team with a few more signings - this is the model we should use. 

Its one or the other and the accountants are in the driving seat.

3 minutes ago, max_7654 said:

Also posted this in the transfer thread, A quick look at recent fees for championship CB's shows the following:

• Adam Webster – Bristol to Brighton (19/20) - £20m-£22m
  • Tyrone Mings – Bournemouth to Villa (19/20) - £20m-£26.5m
  • Ben Gibson – Boro to Burnley (18/19) - £15m
  • Alfie Mawson – Swansea to Fulham (18/19) - £15m-£20m
  • Chris Mepham – Brentford to Bournemouth (18/19) - £12m
  • Ezri Konsa - Brentford to Villa (19/20) - £12m
  • Tomas Kalas – Chelsea to Bristol (19/20) - £8m

Iorfa still relatively young, experienced, english, pacy, physically imposing, good on the ball, good injury record etc; certainly competes with the above and ticks all the boxes for mid-lower prem teams (Leeds, Fulham, Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle etc.) Plenty of teams with money to spend are desperate for CB's with not many options around currently. 

As much as we need to learn from our recent mistakes with outgoings we should be taking advantage of the current market and ideally looking for at least £12m-£15m+ for Iorfa based on the above. 

All those deals involved a PL team. Watford won’t offer more than £6m.

31 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

If we sold I imagine Wolves will get 25% of the fee plus future add ons. If this was the case, would you still sell?

Say we sold for £10m and have to give Wolves 25% so £2.5m that would still give us a nice £7.5m minus the small fee we paid.

So yep I would sell him 

• Like 2

Premier league club apparently in for him too. I reckon he’ll be off then.

This is how you effectively run a football business, both on and off the field. On the field by using the finances to make some additions, and off the field by making a tidy profit.

He’s a strong defender, but as I’ve said our season won’t hinge on him staying.

46 minutes ago, mogbad said:

My main concern won’t be selling Iorfa, it will be who we bring in to make sure Borner & Palmer aren’t  first choice in a back 3.

Got a player on a free from Wigan, albeit he hasn't played since serious injury. Be disappointed if he left, more that the club would probably let him go for £200k or something like that!

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Premier league club apparently in for him too. I reckon he’ll be off then.

This is how you effectively run a football business, both on and off the field. On the field by using the finances to make some additions, and off the field by making a tidy profit.

He’s a strong defender, but as I’ve said our season won’t hinge on him staying.

Exactly. Good player but he’s not crucial. If we can replace him with a cheaper alternative it’s great business 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yep if it was as simple as that

If we get anywhere near 10 m no brainier? If the above players went for more then he worth 10+ Easy? Isn’t that Sanderson at wolves a cb come rb ? Just like iorfa? Try for him enough change lest for at least one striker maybe 2? We HAVE to start selling players when we can for big fees? Iorfa could quite easily go the way of reach? Fall out of form and worth he’ll of a lot less