Iorfa being tracked by Watford

Just seen this in the star. 

Nothing less than £10m. Definitely wouldn’t want to see him go but we have missed opportunities before to make a big profit on players. Now is our chance and we would be very stupid to try and keep hold of him, but need to make sure we drive a hard bargain

5 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

£8-10m with add ons etc will be good business in my opinion. 

Iorfa has been a great player for us at a bargain price but our mistake in the past has been not listening to offers for our players and then seeing them leave for nothing or their value drops. 

Sell Iorfa to help balance books and reinvest into the team with a few more signings - this is the model we should use. 

If we sold I imagine Wolves will get 25% of the fee plus future add ons. If this was the case, would you still sell?

The question as always is have we got or can we bring in someone of Iorfas standard.   Now if Dunkley gets fit then he could be that player.  I'd accept at £10 million with the hope Monk gets half of that to improve the squad.   Now if Reach also goes say for £5 million thats a good return and we have some flex

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

We criticised DC for screwing up our finances by not selling.

Not selling contributed to us having to use grubby fiddles.

It's imperative we make at least one big sale per season or our business model will fail again.

Anyone saying don't sell is contributing to the problem.

We are a business not a family.

This 100% - now and going forwards we have to balance the books

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S63 Owl said:

Iorfa has been a great player for us at a bargain price but our mistake in the past has been not listening to offers for our players and then seeing them leave for nothing or their value drops. 

What offers have been made for our players?

Though I'm sure we could have off-loaded a few for £9.99.

Suppose,.. we could have got rid of ff for a fair few quid..that's normally what most clubs do while chasing promotion..get rid of the best for a decent wedge.

In hindsight it may have been a good deal, at the time it would have been nuts...pwoper melt down.

So now get rid of Lorfa...stick or twist?

Could get rid and then we would be a well ran club like Brentford..

:rolleyes:

Does anybody know how long he has left on his contract? I’d like to think we’d ask £8-10m if he had another season after this on his contract. If not, we’d probably be looking at a lot less. 

There will be other bargains out there to be had & the new recruitment team seem to be coming up with the goods - Iorfa being one of them.

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's imperative we make at least one big sale per season or our business model will fail again.

Spot on. You have to sell when a player’s form is attracting offers.
He could get injured or just become disenchanted and lose interest resulting in his value reducing. You never know what might happen in the future with players. A lesson I learned as far back as the early 1960’s when fan favourite Tony Kay was sold to Everton. It didn’t make much difference and two years later he was resting at her Majesty’s pleasure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And selling our best centre back in the midst of a points deduction is best for business is it?

Smart man

• Like 3