The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

On 14/07/2021 at 18:37, SiJ said:

Didn't they just get relegated? 

I'd suspect any upgrades might have been shelved.

Funny as it is reading that, I'm pretty amazed at that from Norwood. He was utter crap last season too.

Came across as they were part of the reason they were relegated to me.

Will be an interesting next few weeks - they’ve got some big earners that will quickly drain resources if they don’t shift them. And if they don’t shift them they’ll need to be challenging from the get go

Lets also not forget that their team spirit was destroyed by bringing in these players on 50-60k a week too

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Have they actually signed anyone yet?

Do they need to?

More worried that they’ve already got enough. Suspect a couple of these laughably overpriced players that helped get them down may actually find their level under the new gaffer and in the Champ..

27 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

They are. Facts is facts, they have better training facilities than us and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Ours are pathetic I'm afraid. 

Ours aren't great but I'm sure there's far worst in EFL. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

They are. Facts is facts, they have better training facilities than us and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. Ours are pathetic I'm afraid. 

They are better than ours but they aren't as good as many of their players would like.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the average grunter's hopes are for the new season? I've only spoken to one about it and he seemed like he really couldn't be arsed with it. 

Does no signings mean they think that the current squad is good enough to go straight back up?

And more importantly, what's the title of the new thread for the new season??

If Jokanovic gets it right, then I think theyll be right up there tbh.

Be very surprised if they don't at least make the top 6.

Only thing that might count against them is the hangover from last season and any lingering issues from Wilder's departure. 

3 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Anyone know what the average grunter's hopes are for the new season? I've only spoken to one about it and he seemed like he really couldn't be arsed with it. 

Does no signings mean they think that the current squad is good enough to go straight back up?

And more importantly, what's the title of the new thread for the new season??

Sounds like its "Premier Pig's return Ticket" 

5 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Doesn't really matter, as long as Wednesday aren't doing well they're happy. 

• Like 1

Pre season in tatters with players having to self isolate. Funny, as most of them isolated last year whilst being one of the worst prem teams in history. Hopefully the highest paid manager outside the prem can turn it around.