The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

On 14/07/2021 at 22:29, Ever the pessimist said:

Wilder used the training facilities as one of his gripes / deflections last season.

Ours are that bad, we probably think theirs are cutting edge, when in reality they’re probably not.

More to the point, their fans bang on about how much better their facilities are than ours, as scoring points over us is all they’re bothered about, rather than looking at a bigger picture.

I played there for Firth Brown's nearly 40 years ago. My cousin who was coaching down there until recently said not a lot has changed in all that time. The pitches have been upgraded but the facilities, club house etc has hardly been touched. 

2 hours ago, Nut said:

I played there for Firth Brown's nearly 40 years ago. My cousin who was coaching down there until recently said not a lot has changed in all that time. The pitches have been upgraded but the facilities, club house etc has hardly been touched. 

Now that’s not fair, they’ve done what they always do. Stick a bit of pink cladding on it. 

• Haha 1

As somebody who has been to both the pigs and our training facilities a few times over the last few years i'd have a couple of observations 

1, The welcome and hospitality at Wednesday was way better 

2, The facilities at the pigs is way better

Any pigs moaning about facilities is a little b*tch and shouldn't be taken seriously

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

Is Wilder going to be the Yorkshire Curbishley then?

Forever waiting for that dream appointment, one befitting of his stature in the game (in his head anyway).

2035 and he’s still not returned to management and is a pundit on some Canadian soccer channel.

15 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Is Wilder going to be the Yorkshire Curbishley then?

Forever waiting for that dream appointment, one befitting of his stature in the game (in his head anyway).

2035 and he’s still not returned to management and is a pundit on some Canadian soccer channel.

No thanks.

• Haha 2

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

8 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

You seem to come up with loads of ITK that doesn’t actually come off…has anything you’ve predicted come off? I call bullshit….

One of your own players has just spoken to the press about the poor facilities at the training ground.

The truth is hard to swallow isn't it.

11 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

You seem to come up with loads of ITK that doesn’t actually come off…has anything you’ve predicted come off? I call bullshit….

I predicted they'd be down before the trimmings.

100% right on that one.

It's not all rosy at BDTBL just accept it and move on.

Good grief. 30 million quid? If arsenal do that then the pigs will be laughing at them all the way. He dives when the ball is past him and isnt a commanding presence. We need to sign whoever they've got hyping their players up cos he's done a reight job over the years. OK, some of em have gone on to great things but the amount of money they've had for some bang average players is scary. 

I don’t know what’s worse, having Aaron Ramsdale in your goal or having to pay £30m for the pleasure. Saw him loads last season and he looked completely all over the place on most occasions 

Funny thing is that he’s only in the England set up because the cupboards are almost bare, and it’s probably the fact  that he’s now an England international that has inflated his price tag to laughable levels

27 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Joking aside, good recruiting by them on both Ramsdale and Burge.

Both likely to be sold for huge profit.

Can’t really bring myself to take the pee 

Good recruitment on ramsdale? 

You mad bro? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Joking aside, good recruiting by them on both Ramsdale and Burge.

Both likely to be sold for huge profit.

Can’t really bring myself to take the pee 

Consider:

Transfer fee

Wages 

Bonuses (appearances not wins nor clean sheets :D)

Loyalty Payments

Still pretty expensive deals...you're looking at about 6m a year in wages for those two