The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

Just now, marconi said:

Seen most of their matches on TV this season and to be honest they have played OK with good tempo, and pass the ball around well. It’s the final third where they’re lacking.

Wish we had defenders that could bomb up and down the field week in week out, and still remain injury free. They don’t give the ball away constantly like we do.

If Wilder stays, the should walk the Championship next season.

Having said all that, two point at this stage of the season, mwhahahaha!

I don't buy this. 

All the good work of the last few seasons is going up in smoke right now. 

They are one of the most ineffective PL sides I have ever seen. People go on about the fact they are often in games - that's largely down to the fact that they play most games now with a back five and are set up to not concede. They have zero attacking impetus and their best striker is a 34 year old David McGoldrick. 

I'm not convinced that they'll get relegated down to the Champ and suddenly everything will be hunky dory and right with the world again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I don't buy this. 

They are one of the most ineffective PL sides I have ever seen. People go on about the fact they are often in games - that's largely down to the fact that they play most games now with a back five and are set up to not concede. They have zero attacking impetus and their best striker is a 34 year old David McGoldrick. 

I'm not convinced that they'll get relegated down to the Champ and suddenly everything will be hunky dory and right with the world again. 

They're not, they will do a Sunderland instead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

They're not, they will do a Sunderland instead.

Who honestly know. 

I think there are certainly better ways to get relegated if that makes sense. 

If you are going to drop, then ideally you want to be a team who goes down with  bit of fight rather than a whimper. If you're getting beat every single week then it's going to probably take a psychological toll on not just the players, but the coaching staff too. 

The other thing with them Dem Blades is the drop off has been so drastic. From finishing 9th and having a legit chance of getting into Europe to potentially the worst Premier League side of all time. It wouldn't surprise me if a few years down the line we hear something went off behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I don't buy this. 

I have to agree, I've seen a few of their games as there's not much else to do currently, they've been out footballed in every game I've seen, even WBA looked far better on the ball than them, the tempo and getting the ball out to the wings and into the box seems to have totally gone, some games they've just resorted to lumping it up front and hoping for the best, they look bereft of confidence, ideas and don't even seem to be putting the effort in, they seem to be throwing any front two together and hoping it works, I saw someone describe Eze's goal today as being down to overflapping centre backs which I thought was very good,

lol

• Haha 2

• Dropped more points from winning positions than any other team this season (11)

• Only professional side in England who are yet to get their goal tally into double figures with a grand total of just eight. 
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Wilder's a very good manager, and in a strange way that's why United are in this mess IMO.

He got a team up which wasn't really good enough to be there.

I don't think United's players, as individuals, were any better than ours at that time, but they were better managed, better put together, had a better team spirit and were a better unit.

That's good in one way, as United got up on a shoestring, but the problem is that the club was over-reliant on cohesiveness, momentum and team spirit, and lacked the quality individuals of, say,  aVilla.

That left them in an exposed position when any of those attributes to fail, and team spirit isn't helped by expensive new arrivals.

Their players simply don't have the individual quality to sustain them in the division.

All teams and managers get sussed, but Wilder simply doesn't have the quality at his disposal to counteract this.

People talk about his signings, and they are largely determined by United's wage structure, although a lack of knowledge of the foreign market hasn't helped either.

I don't buy into the idea that he's the best manager to get them back up, because what state will he and the dressing room be in by the end of the season?

It's like saying that because Coco had got us to the play-offs twice he'd be able to do it a third time with the same group of players.

The worst is also probably yet to come, as to date they haven't been losing by threes and fours.

There were signs of surrender yesterday, and when that happens it will be grievous.

Well, for them but not for us.

lolgarymegson:tango:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Who honestly know. 

I think there are certainly better ways to get relegated if that makes sense. 

If you are going to drop, then ideally you want to be a team who goes down with  bit of fight rather than a whimper. If you're getting beat every single week then it's going to probably take a psychological toll on not just the players, but the coaching staff too. 

The other thing with them Dem Blades is the drop off has been so drastic. From finishing 9th and having a legit chance of getting into Europe to potentially the worst Premier League side of all time. It wouldn't surprise me if a few years down the line we hear something went off behind the scenes. 

Exactly this. Momentum works both ways. 

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Wilder's a very good manager, and in a strange way that's why United are in this mess IMO.

I don't think United's players, as individuals, were any better than ours at that time, but they were better managed, better put together, had a better team spirit and were a better unit.

That's good in one way, as United got up on a shoestring, but the problem is that the club was over-reliant on cohesiveness, momentum and team spirit, and lacked the quality individuals of, say,  aVilla.

That left them in an exposed position when any of those attributes to fail, and team spirit isn't helped by expensive new arrivals.

Their players simply don't have the individual quality to sustain them in the division.

All teams and managers get sussed, but Wilder simply doesn't have the quality at his disposal to counteract this.

People talk about his signings, and they are largely determined by United's wage structure, although a lack of knowledge of the foreign market hasn't helped either.

I don't buy into the idea that he's the best manager to get them back up, because what state will he and the dressing room be in by the end of the season?

It's like saying that because Coco had got us to the play-offs twice he'd be able to do it a third time with the same group of players.

The worst is also probably yet to come, as to date they haven't been losing by threes and fours.

There were signs of surrender yesterday, and when that happens it will be grievous.

Soto scores three without breaking sweat. Chelsea four. Even a poor palace team had an easy two and could have had more. Sad times 😀😀😀😀

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Hello Chris.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The fans are starting to turn on him  so I think he will revert to type ( because he can't fix it on the pitch) and play to the lowest common denominator.

Fully expect the anti-wednesday, snide comments to start ahead of next season..... wouldn't be surprised if he bids for Bannan or Reach or Borner.. purely to disrupt 

My online shopping has just arrived. I hate it when they send substitutes- I’d ordered beef Oxo cubes but they sent some with the Blavdes logo on instead, and then I noticed the box was giggling away to itself.

I couldn’t believe my ears - they’d sent me a laughing stock instead.

Sorry.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6