The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

You can't bang on about quality just because it suits the purpose. Last season it didn't appear to matter how good another side was. Spending £120 million and upsetting your dressing room, which was bound to happen is not a good way to go. Then to say we don't have the quality is essentially like turning round to your dressing room just before kick off and saying " you ain't good enough"

Tell someone they're good enough to compete long enough they believe it. Equally hearing you don't have the quality for long enough you believe it.

Great innit.:duntmatter:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marshy said:

You can't bang on about quality just because it suits the purpose. Last season it didn't appear to matter how good another side was. Spending £120 million and upsetting your dressing room, which was bound to happen is not a good way to go. Then to say we don't have the quality is essentially like turning round to your dressing room just before kick off and saying " you ain't good enough"

Tell someone they're good enough to compete long enough they believe it. Equally hearing you don't have the quality for long enough you believe it.

Great innit.:duntmatter:

But, but....he is their greatest EVER manager..... let that sink in for a while, as it might just actually be true

7 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

he’s so obviously hanging on for a continued wage slip / pay off, putting himself above his club 

He wouldn't do that would he, i expect him to ask for a pay cut if he is staying, after all he accepted or forced the pay rises when do were doing OK

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I remember some of their fans standing outside our shop at Meadowhall waving flags and singing, we should return the compliment outside their shop at end of season as long we stay up. 

Edited by bradowl
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They needn't be too worried, going on last season they only need another 33 points from remaining games. lol

image.png.1426217c3bd7fdba74d08b70c83b10ec.png

I don't think 35 will be needed this time round because the bottom four look as bad as each other. You have to wonder if it's possible that WBA, Fulham or Brighton are capable of stringing a few results together to leave that lot sunk without trace.

15 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I don't think 35 will be needed this time round because the bottom four look as bad as each other. You have to wonder if it's possible that WBA, Fulham or Brighton are capable of stringing a few results together to leave that lot sunk without trace.

I think Brighton are capable of picking points up, Fulham haven't looked bad in a few games either. 

Big Sam needs a magic wand to save WBA. 

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think Brighton are capable of picking points up, Fulham haven't looked bad in a few games either. 

Big Sam needs a magic wand to save WBA. 

I think that a team that has two points in January and are still only twelve points from escaping relegation can count themselves very lucky under the circumstances. Yes, twelve is still quite a lot but if they can somehow fluke a couple of wins, that halves the deficit then they think that they are back in it. Nothing about Brighton and Fulham gives me confidence that they can consistently pick up points to maintain the gap.

• Like 2