The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Left back you cannot overlook Irish, who is umpteen times better than Stevens.

Morgan?  If you go for that type of player, why would you not Choose Pearson?   Personally I would have Warhurst but if you are going for the hard man it just has to be Pearson.

How Palmer doesn't make it over Fleck is absurd.    Palmer is the player they coined the term "Box to box midfielder" on.  

Then finally Henderson, really?   It's not like we had the last keeper in Sheffield to play for England - but i'd put Woods behind Pressman and so would everyone else.   I'd actually have the best keepers in this time frame as Pressman, Kelly, Woods, Srnicek,  Grant,  Henderson.       IN THAT ORDER!

Not one single grunter deserves to be in that team The Star just chucked a few in for the sake of it to keep the peace.

We are terrible but this total and I must say quite unexpected collapse of theirs is just too good not to make fun of, they're getting really nasty on Twitter. 🤣

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scram said:

Oh and not only was Pressman a better keeper than Kelly - so was Turner (as much as was an awful manager he was an excellent GK)

Agreed, that moment he tipped McClair's header over the bar at Wembley was the moment I knew we were going to win!

That Sheffield 11 from the Star is a joke, deliberately designed to placate Dem Blavges. Half of the team from S2??????? You're having a right flipping Giraffe there!

Genuine question, how many of them would have even made our bench let alone the team (a team that finished 7th 3 times, 3rd once and made 3 Cup finals plus played in Europe) back in the 90's? 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, scram said:

Oh and not only was Pressman a better keeper than Kelly - so was Turner (as much as was an awful manager he was an excellent GK)

I know Turner wasn't a good manager but that save alone, allows him in my opinion to be forgiven for his managerial stint, because it gave me the best day of being a Wednesday fan which doesn't look like being repeated again in my lifetime 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The problem is though because we aren’t doing very well I just can’t enjoy their demise.

WTF:

lol

Probably just as well, because let's face it at our age, laughing so hard would likely give most of us a heart attack! lol

Our longest run without a league win was from 28th Dec 1974 (won away at Southampton) to 6th September 1975 (won at home to Wrexham) so 20 league games in between without a win. We did however win at home v Darlington in the League Cup on 16th August 1975 which allowing for our cup exit v Chelsea the previous January made a total run of 19 games without a win.

If Dem Blavges can break, nay smash that record then I shall happily raise a glass to them!

2 minutes ago, scram said:

So....

am i still the only one that thinks an absolutely bog average manager is reverting to type?

Some of the sycophancy for such an achingly average manager has been vomit inducing

Seen most of their matches on TV this season and to be honest they have played OK with good tempo, and pass the ball around well. It’s the final third where they’re lacking.

Wish we had defenders that could bomb up and down the field week in week out, and still remain injury free. They don’t give the ball away constantly like we do.

If Wilder stays, the should walk the Championship next season.

Having said all that, two point at this stage of the season, mwhahahaha!

• Haha 1