The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

If we were in the same situation, would you be calling for the head of the manager, or would you be swearing almost blind loyalty to the manager?

I think that, regardless of how things go this season, that lot are lucky to be playing at the level they are and like him or hate him, Wilder does carry most (if not all) of the credit for getting there. He is still the best that they could realistically hope for.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

If we were in the same situation, would you be calling for the head of the manager, or would you be swearing almost blind loyalty to the manager?

Having a manager who is a fan and who took them up from the 3rd division at the 1st attempt after 5 seasons of failure then took them up to the PL at the second attempt understandably earns a lot of goodwill and time. 

In some ways this season might be easier to take if it had been their first season in the PL and they were clearly out of their depth from the start but having finished in 9th place and then spent so much money adding to the team he has to take a lot of the responsibility and the performances look flat. Yesterday they had lots of the ball but created next to nothing against a side that had been on a poor run. He keeps referring to small margins but how many times have they actually been in front in their 17 games this season? 

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I think that, regardless of how things go this season, that lot are lucky to be playing at the level they are and like him or hate him, Wilder does carry most (if not all) of the credit for getting there. He is still the best that they could realistically hope for.

And the credit for 2 points this season

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

With 2pts you’d certainly be questioning it. TheY are having the ******** taken out of them worldwide.

But 2pts, and completely unwilling to change the system. Shoe horning players In to fit said system. After 20 games without a win and not even trying something different. I’d be very annoyed.

Add to that spending 130m, most of which is borrowed against future earnings, and very little resale value, then I’d want him out.

He’s called the players not good enough, and league 1 players at times. Clearly problems inside the camp (sharp missus tweet/Lundstram touting himself to every club in england) and it all looks a mess suddenly. The lack of questioning by united fans is based on the past and I’d get that if they were fighting, and looking capable. They aren’t, look defeated.

Hope he stays on tbf. 10 games into next season, they aren’t top 6 he’ll get sacked, if they get promoted he’s proved he doesn’t know how to spend the cash, so why would you give him that chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

And the credit for 2 points this season

The thing is, if I was one of that lot (thankfully not), I would be thinking he has just given us the the best few years of our footballing lifetime. Do we just ditch him now or give him another chance to rebuild?

4 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

With 2pts you’d certainly be questioning it. TheY are having the ******** taken out of them worldwide.

But 2pts, and completely unwilling to change the system. Shoe horning players In to fit said system. After 20 games without a win and not even trying something different. I’d be very annoyed.

Add to that spending 130m, most of which is borrowed against future earnings, and very little resale value, then I’d want him out.

He’s called the players not good enough, and league 1 players at times. Clearly problems inside the camp (sharp missus tweet/Lundstram touting himself to every club in england) and it all looks a mess suddenly. The lack of questioning by united fans is based on the past and I’d get that if they were fighting, and looking capable. They aren’t, look defeated.

Hope he stays on tbf. 10 games into next season, they aren’t top 6 he’ll get sacked, if they get promoted he’s proved he doesn’t know how to spend the cash, so why would you give him that chance.

One trick pony and everything geared to that, ok when it works, but nowhere to go when you get rumbled. Clearly either hasn't got the ability, or too stubborn to change. Agree with you about the first few games next season if they struggle he will go

Presumably all the junior teams play the same way and all the recruitment geared to playing this way.....so few game changers in house

If he does go next season and they have to develop a new way of playing with a new manager that could take a fair while and £s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Django said:

So how many points we reckon they’re getting?

Im going for a slight upturn in fortunes and say they’ll finish on 24 points 

They have a horrible run of fixtures coming up but it does include games against Newcastle and WBA.

They simply have to beat Newcastle and WBA otherwise I can definitely see their worst nightmares prevailing with a record low finish.

49 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Question: 

Hard to say, but my feeling is they'll have a decent chance of going back up under Wilder 

Bless em....'.Our squad looks really good if we can retain them - Brewster, Berge, Burke, Ramsdale, Mousset, McBurnie et all can all be a solid core' 

I reckon just short of £100m in purchases there.... have to say from our perspective they really have looked good this season. It would be interesting to see how they shape a team around 5 strikers who can't score🤦

If they keep him after they get relegated he is in an entirely different situation to what he was when he got promoted to the championship

he will have a team of losers, not winners, some of the squad won't want to be there, the only way they will get of most of their big earners might be to take a big loss on them, the players they will retain won't have the same work ethic as the ones they used to have, and the ones who were with them in the championship before have tasted the big time and maybe might not relish a season in the championship in the same way they did before.

if they do keep him, next season will see how good a manager he is

• Like 4

They will probably win a couple but the problem they have is very other team (bar possibly WBA) have players who can score a goal from a half chance and they cannot keep a clean sheet. I’d love to say 8 points but I’d go for around 15 points.

54 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Hard to say, but my feeling is they'll have a decent chance of going back up under Wilder 

Very different circumstances though.

As I've said a few times: I'm not sold on this notion they shoot back up if/when he takes them down.

You'd think they'll have to be some sort of clear out, as this current squad seems done for. 

If he stays he will be under massive pressure to get points early or he will be down the road.

Plus if he takes them down and makes a slow start then his reputation is massively tarnished. 

He and them have an awful lot to lose.

He feeds off the plucky underdog tag but next season they would start as one of the favourites with a dressing room full of over priced players wanting out.  

Guest Bulgaria
35 minutes ago, the third man said:

If they keep him after they get relegated he is in an entirely different situation to what he was when he got promoted to the championship

he will have a team of losers, not winners, some of the squad won't want to be there, the only way they will get of most of their big earners might be to take a big loss on them, the players they will retain won't have the same work ethic as the ones they used to have, and the ones who were with them in the championship before have tasted the big time and maybe might not relish a season in the championship in the same way they did before.

if they do keep him, next season will see how good a manager he is

Spot on that matey.