The Humble Club - Abhorrence Of Arabia

Big Malc

2 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Wilder was very down-beat in his post-game interview.

Wouldn't surprise me if he threw in the towel (which Ramsdale would probably let past him) or hang in 'til he's fired to get compo

They'll not sack him. Poundland Prince is running a tighter ship, him and the Stain faithful will be banking on Wilder getting them promoted from the Championship, if they go down.

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

From something called S24SU.com. Is he aware that Wilder spent £120mm while Farke spent some change he found down the back of the sofa.

Building a team. Yeah, right........😁

Capture4.JPG

Wasn't Wilder once quoted as saying "You don't win anything in this game for spunking money up the wall"?

Best not to judge others in football management... if your a football manager at least.

lol

TELEMMGLPICT000141645766_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqa4c9iII49Coi-fQLVCwOcRHPi209xMOP77NWb7b_Srs.jpeg.fd22bca8107f69cdbc06e0725362a2f1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Wasn't Wilder once quoted as saying "You don't win anything in this game for spunking money up the wall"?

He also said in the summer that he'd had his best transfer window ever... whilst spunking money up the wall and turning his top 9 team into a rock bottom one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-chase-striker-chris-wilder-looks-complete-best-ever-transfer-window-2968126%3famp

• Haha 6

Why is NO-ONE asking Wilder the questions he needs to be asked.

He strutted in the glory of last 3 yrs - but having basked in the sunlight...against the real risk backdrop of not only record PL failures, but Football League historical failures.....

• Like 1

Left back you cannot overlook Irish, who is umpteen times better than Stevens.

Morgan?  If you go for that type of player, why would you not Choose Pearson?   Personally I would have Warhurst but if you are going for the hard man it just has to be Pearson.

How Palmer doesn't make it over Fleck is absurd.    Palmer is the player they coined the term "Box to box midfielder" on.  

Then finally Henderson, really?   It's not like we had the last keeper in Sheffield to play for England - but i'd put Woods behind Pressman and so would everyone else.   I'd actually have the best keepers in this time frame as Pressman, Kelly, Woods, Srnicek,  Grant,  Henderson.       IN THAT ORDER!

Edited by Salmonbones

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Left back you cannot overlook Irish, who is umpteen times better than Stevens.

Morgan?  If you go for that type of player, why would you not Choose Pearson?   Personally I would have Warhurst but if you are going for the hard man it just has to be Pearson.

How Palmer doesn't make it over Fleck is absurd.    Palmer is the player they coined the term "Box to box midfielder" on.  

Then finally Henderson, really?   It's not like we had the last keeper in Sheffield to play for England - but i'd put Woods behind Pressman and so would everyone else.   I'd actually have the best keepers in this time frame as Pressman, Kelly, Woods, Srnicek,  Grant,  Henderson.       IN THAT ORDER!

You can't argue with any of that but somehow they did and came up with the laughable selections above. You haven't even referred to Hodges yet either. 

10 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

This was the Star XI (Hirst and Deane were the strikers).

Fleck above Palmer (or Harkes, or even Bart-Williams, or even even Bannan)

Stevens above Worthington

And, in the first place, Hodges above Di Canio or Carbone🤔

65766D34-00D0-4359-B8E9-89465EE351AC.jpeg

Deary me

We’ve had about 5 left backs better than Stevens since 1990. I’d put Ian Nolan ahead of him 

• Like 1