Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

2 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Great keeper but his time is up, need his wages off the books, would only leave Rhodes only silly wages then 

Think Lees, Bannan and Reach up there too. But they contribute a bit more I suppose. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Great keeper but his time is up, need his wages off the books, would only leave Rhodes only silly wages then 

Need to make Blackburn an offer. BOGOF!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

When he did play last season he made some horrendous mistakes. A lot of our fans seem to overlook this.

Basically he wasn't the player he once was. If he goes its not a problem in fact its good.

And unfortunately our 2 other keepers make to many mistakes. We need a new number one signed. The wages saved from KW imo need to go towards a new keeper. Hopefully DC doesn’t price KW out of a move, I hope he lets him go for free and the saving from his wages would be very welcome. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

We need a new number one.

Westwood isn't going to play again for us for whatever reason and he didnt look like the keeper he once was anyway. 

If Blackburn are willing to take him off our hands the  great, but I suspect it'll be some sort of derisory loan offer.

Guest Jack the Hat
53 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

He's been the best keeper since Lee Grant, and Woods, Pressman, Srnicek, were all far better than Grant.

You either have a memory lapse or didn't go to games from the nineties until a few years ago.

Hodge and Turner were also better but Woods was bobbins.

Not sure of  the exact reasons why he hasn't been played when hes been fit tbh, but overall hes been a great keeper for us over the last 6 years despite the odd lapse in form.

If we aren't gonna play him it's best for both parties for him to move on.  Blackburn would be a good club for him at this stage of his career and I wish him all the best...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

When he did play last season he made some horrendous mistakes. A lot of our fans seem to overlook this.

Basically he wasn't the player he once was. If he goes its not a problem in fact its good.

I think he always had an issue with rushing out his goal which seemed to get worse. But our younger keepers have been letting shots through them or kicking the ball to the opposition in some cases. Westwood seems to calm a defence down for the most part. 

Fantastic signing over the years but clear to see last season he wasn’t half the keeper he used to be, huge wages for a now average championship keeper so time to go.

Also wouldn’t be too bothered about one of Dawson or wildsmith leaving with a new number 1 and one of them as backup.

• Like 1