Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

Shame the way it’s turned out for him. The way he organised that defence was invaluable. Look how the goals against multiplied when he was dropped..  Yes he made mistakes this season but all our keepers have been guilty of that. Perhaps the new coach might help. 

Can’t see a loan deal working out though unless Blackburn pay all of his wages. Any other way & we’re paying for him to play for a rival in the same league. That would be plain stupid. Full transfer or nothing Bet the injury clears up quickly if that goes through too.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And unfortunately our 2 other keepers make to many mistakes. We need a new number one signed. The wages saved from KW imo need to go towards a new keeper. Hopefully DC doesn’t price KW out of a move, I hope he lets him go for free and the saving from his wages would be very welcome. 

Westwood might already be priced out of a move by his wages. Blackburn might want him but if they don't want to pay what we are currently paying him every week then he could well say no.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Westwood might already be priced out of a move by his wages. Blackburn might want him but if they don't want to pay what we are currently paying him every week then he could well say no.

Or we pay him a sum equal to his lost wages, so we can make some savings at least

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Suppose it depends how long a contract they offer. Might be less than he gets now per week but has the security of a longer deal. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We need a new number one.

Westwood isn't going to play again for us for whatever reason and he didnt look like the keeper he once was anyway. 

If Blackburn are willing to take him off our hands the  great, but I suspect it'll be some sort of derisory loan offer.

22 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Shame the way it’s turned out for him. The way he organised that defence was invaluable. Look how the goals against multiplied when he was dropped..  Yes he made mistakes this season but all our keepers have been guilty of that. Perhaps the new coach might help. 

Can’t see a loan deal working out though unless Blackburn pay all of his wages. Any other way & we’re paying for him to play for a rival in the same league. That would be plain stupid. Full transfer or nothing Bet the injury clears up quickly if that goes through too.. 

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

It wont happen..either they will want him on loan and pay about 50p of his wages..or dc will demand a fee of about 4 million🙄

Is the bit in the actual report this thread is based where it says 'enquired about a permanent transfer' not written in a big enough typeface? :ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

6C5BDD4B-F2D5-449A-A18C-054EA257AC0F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, deano said:

Suppose it depends how long a contract they offer. Might be less than he gets now per week but has the security of a longer deal. 

Fair point, although I'd be surprised if anyone offers him 2 years in the current climate and with the way his career has gone in the past couple of years.

6 minutes ago, the third man said:

Or we pay him a sum equal to his lost wages, so we can make some savings at least

Possibly, just seems a bit off that though. I know it could be the only possible way out but just seems as though we would be part-funding him to play for Blackburn next season and you know he would thank us by keeping 2 clean sheets against us!

41 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Hodge and Turner were also better but Woods was bobbins.

I almost included Turner, afterall Big Ron used him as a means to get more out of Pressman many a time, including the cup final.

That's about my limit of knowledge though so I can't go back as far as Hodge.    I remember him, but never saw him play in the flesh.

1 minute ago, HarryPlopper said:

I almost included Turner, afterall Big Ron used him as a means to get more out of Pressman many a time, including the cup final.

That's about my limit of knowledge though so I can't go back as far as Hodge.    I remember him, but never saw him play in the flesh.

Hodge was a very good keeper, Mr reliable. Turner was also a very good keeper but for me big kev is the best I've seen play for us.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I see what you're saying, but another way of looking at it is we get his bad attitude out of the club, and we could free up some wages for someone who will play for us. I would part fund him, if required.

Twice player of the year, equaled the clean sheet record twice and also in the PFA team of the year.

I don’t know what’s gone wrong, but, a fully fit and committed Westwood is an asset we could really do with, shame what has happened really.

• Like 4

Should be number 1

Nothing against the others but we need an experienced head between the sticks with a strong personality. If that isn't Westwood then we have to sign a new keeper

Wildsmith and Dawson have a great future ahead of them but considering the position we're currently in with the -12 we need a safe pair of hands at the back

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Should be number 1

Nothing against the others but we need an experienced head between the sticks with a strong personality. If that isn't Westwood then we have to sign a new keeper

Wildsmith and Dawson have a great future ahead of them but considering the position we're currently in with the -12 we need a safe pair of hands at the back

For me I'd try get someone like David Button or Christian Walton both at Brighton, both keepers have Championship experience and neither are gonna be number 1 whilst Matt Ryan is still at the club.

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

For me I'd try get someone like David Button or Christian Walton both at Brighton, both keepers have Championship experience and neither are gonna be number 1 whilst Matt Ryan is still at the club.

Button would be a decent option. David Marshall signed for Derby yesterday from Wigan, he would have been a decent shout too