Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

2 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

He's been the best keeper since Lee Grant, and Woods, Pressman, Srnicek, were all far better than Grant.

You either have a memory lapse or didn't go to games from the nineties until a few years ago.

You cant be blaming people for memory lapses and then be glorifying flippin Pavel Shouldntgetacheque (RIP)

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
24 minutes ago, erowl said:

Still the best of the 3 we have

By a country mile

Our best player

Not seen a better keeper in the championship 

Utter madness

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
Just now, sheffwed1 said:

haha madness. You’re off your head if you believe that. 

And you clearly don’t go to games and/or have fallen for the conspiracy theory that he’s a bad egg and finished and needs to be replaced by the 2 young road cones 

Just now, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

And you clearly don’t go to games and/or have fallen for the conspiracy theory that he’s a bad egg and finished and needs to be replaced by the 2 young road cones 

He played almost every game at the beginning of the season (apart from the ones where he was suspended for getting a red card), made a string of awful mistakes. He was good a couple of years ago but his stock has undoubtably dipped and we'd do well to cash in now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

You clearly don’t believing he is the best in the league. He was years ago. He is way off that standard now. 
No conspiracy theory here I think we need a new keeper. 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Bobbins?

43 caps for England.

Bobbins?            Yea, OK.WTF:

Woods was the poorest keeper we had in the 90’s. I was on holiday when we signed him and a rangers fan laughed at me. They called him Dracula because he was scared of crosses. I called him subbuteo goalie as when someone headed the ball at him he leaned back and arched his back. He did that exact thing in the cup final and cost us the match. Did the same for England against Finland and cost us a place in the World Cup in 94. Made his name in a league cup final for forest when he was young and had a good game. Lived off that rep for years but clough realised he was no good and moved him on. Playing in front of good defences prolonged his career. Hart , Robinson , Green, James there is a big list of rubbish England keepers and he’s right up there.

2 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

He's been the best keeper since Lee Grant, and Woods, Pressman, Srnicek, were all far better than Grant.

You either have a memory lapse or didn't go to games from the nineties until a few years ago.

Not sure about your age or memory a Harry, but Ron Springett was the holder of most goalkeeping caps for England until Gordon Banks.  I reckon that puts him in slightly different company to Grant

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
12 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

You clearly don’t believing he is the best in the league. He was years ago. He is way off that standard now. 
No conspiracy theory here I think we need a new keeper. 

Yes I do

Goalkeeping is more than stopping shots that come at you 

Massive personality and presence that you can’t coach into anyone if they don’t have it

Best player currently under contract to SWFC

14 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Not sure about your age or memory a Harry, but Ron Springett was the holder of most goalkeeping caps for England until Gordon Banks.  I reckon that puts him in slightly different company to Grant

I don’t think he was suggesting Grant was anywhere near Springett. More than there have been many better than Westwood since Springett.

The best free signing in the history of club, he has been a fantastic servant for the club, but if his time has come then it's a no brainer to get his wages of the wage bill.

The money needs reinvesting in a quality keeper such as Karl Darlow on a season long loan from Newcastle with a view to a full transfer.