Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Blackburn Rovers may have found a solution to their goalkeeping void with reports in Belgium suggesting Gent goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski is set to join the club.

That would be sad. If Westwood isn't going to play for us, I'd rather we save his salary.

Still think he’s our best keeper, not convinced by our younger lads being no1 material at least not yet.

But seems he must be on his way, no point keeping him around on bench. I’d like a replacement keeper in, one who can do a good job for a year or two any ideas?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, William 1867 said:

Hope he stays as we will need him when Monk has gone.

What and bring back the others who have gone too?..Give JR a contract extension?..offer Hutchinson a 5 year deal? may as well,what coulsd possibly go wrong

Edited by parajack

Guest Therealrealist
7 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's probably earned enough over his career if he's invested it well, so for me it's a personal /greed issue. Does he still love playing and want to go and play games week in week out, or is he happy to sit on his lourels?? 

I once left a really good job and took a pay cut becouse I felt it was something I needed to do. Loved the new place and was revitalised. 

Westwood's career is winding down..there is no chance he is goin to take a big pay cut..he wil squeeze us for every penny

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Westwood's career is winding down..there is no chance he is goin to take a big pay cut..he wil squeeze us for every penny

And another thing..hes probably been training and playing football 5 times a week since he wer about 6 years old..he will be enjoying his rest

3 hours ago, hangonrose said:

But we'll forgive JR if he starts knocking in goals like he used to be able to do (before he joined us)

You think thats going to happen?i think he will only play by default myself,if there is no one else as 'first choice'..Striker...If he gets a run out and does well,i would expect him to move on,if he attracts any offers...

Nothing against him personally,but i couldnt understand myself why we bought him...he wasnt in the first Team at Boro,hadnt been for a while,and hadnt really done anything,since his Huddersfield/Blackburn days..(long time ago since he was a proloific goal scorer) There were others we could have bid on,for that money,that were current on form Strikers.. Personally I dont think he will hit those heights again..I would love to be wrong...

Edited by parajack

Probably not think it’s quite clear that he’s not wanted here anymore. That’s the managers choice and it should be respected, it’s in everybody’s interests to move him on as quick as possible. Been a top keeper for us though all good things come to an end.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
11 minutes ago, modboy said:

Can't be good for squad morale if he's allowed to sit them out on full pay (£30k PW according to https://fmdataba.com/20/p/149580/keiren-westwood/

What other club on earth would have their best player sat at home on 30k per week whilst starting the season with a chocolate fireguard and roadcone as choices for GK

2 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

What other club on earth would have their best player sat at home on 30k per week whilst starting the season with a chocolate fireguard and roadcone as choices for GK

Here he goes again...

Kieren you ain’t the best player anymore. Way past your best. 

• Like 3

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

Here he goes again...

Kieren you ain’t the best player anymore. Way past your best. 

Who do you prefer out the chocolate Fireguard and the roadcone then?

One ships 2/3 per game the other ships 2/3 per game 

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Who do you prefer out the chocolate Fireguard and the roadcone then?

One ships 2/3 per game the other ships 2/3 per game 

New keeper is a must. Dawson and Wildsmith nowhere near good enough. 

Guest Grandad
On 21/08/2020 at 18:09, Therealrealist said:

Don't blame him

He's been treated appallingly

We could have let him go after Jos froze him out but after Bruce triggered a clause in his contract by playing him we exercised that clause and re-signed him. Then froze him out again just a few weeks into his new contract

Guest Grandad
Just now, Dot said:

Westwood has never claimed to be injured

in fact he called it out on twitter, saying "I'm not injured"

Which probably did nothing to endear himself to the manager who was telling lies

Guest gizowl

Westwoods time with us is up he was making his share of errors and giving penalties away in his last few appearances. Flahaven has got a big decision to make ,we keep either Wildsmith or Dawson ,move the other one out and bring in a good goalkeeper ,their are far better out there than the ones we've currently got.