Keyendrah 'Keke' Simmonds

Its sad to see players who are yet to prove themselves demand high wages like its a right, it just goes to show the state football is in.

On a plus note, its encouraging to see the club not been taken for ride for once, hopefully this is the shape of things to come.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 2

Just now, Blue and white said:

Its sad to see players who are yet to prove themselves yet demand high wages, it just goes to show the state football is in.

On a plus note, its encouraging to see the club not been taken for ride for once, hopefully this is the shape of things to come.

Thought the same tbh. Hopefully either Monk has control over transfers or DC has actually learnt from his previous dealings what’s got us in this mess. Either way, good to know we’re not being held to ransom. 

• Like 1

I mean to be fair to the lad he may have been offered any amount and just said, hold on you pay your third choice keeper £25k a week. I’m going to play more than he does, why is he on 2/3/4/5 times more than me? 

We’re awfully quick to tarnish the lad when at the moment all we know is they have been negotiating a salary. Very rarely are both sides happy at first attempt and if they are maybe one side unknowingly has their pants down. 

• Like 3

Contract negotiations between potential employee and our club, fair game to him for trying to get the best possible conditions to his work contract. Any of us would try to get the best possible conditions wherever we went to work as well. And sometimes expectations aren't met or possibly to satisfy from one of the two parties involved.

Doesn't belittle his skill or make him less attractive to sign - in my eyes as a supporter - but that just means we'll have to look for other options.

And Fisayo needs to find a new best friend than Keke now that he's not cominglol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I mean to be fair to the lad he may have been offered any amount and just said, hold on you pay your third choice keeper £25k a week. I’m going to play more than he does, why is he on 2/3/4/5 times more than me? 

We’re awfully quick to tarnish the lad when at the moment all we know is they have been negotiating a salary. Very rarely are both sides happy at first attempt and if they are maybe one side unknowingly has their pants down. 

Yep agreed. Plus, if you were trying to find a contract where the difference is thousands PER WEEK, you would weigh up all your options and seek the best deal. 

Exceptions to that rule (e.g Rob Jones apparently) are rare. 

The players aren’t the problem, it’s the system. 

• Like 1

It's all very well saying 'he's a right to demand whatever he wants', but it's usually customary to actually have some form of achievements on your CV first.  The club also has a right to tell him to do one. 

It's not generally a good idea for 19 year old to barrel into their first full time job and start making big demands in any profession. 

Let him go to someone who can afford the luxury of carrying his contract for the next few years in the not totally impossible event that he isn't one of the ones who makes it. 

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

"You pay your 3rd choice keeper 25k"

"Who are YOU to question who we pay and what"

It's just crazy there is no defending it, he's not gone to another club don't forget, we've just lost interest due to the wage demands

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Problem these days, there’s that much money knocking around in the game it can go to their heads, especially at that age. Ridiculous. 
Pity, but there’s plenty more out there like him. I’d be playing for nothing, obviously isn’t that desperate to play first team football. S.hit attitude.

That's been the issue in this country for 30 years, and one of the reasons why our national team are excellent at u19 and younger ages then average at men's level 

46 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I’ve read the report and now I’m all confused. It says he can play as a left winger or as a Central Striker.  

So is a Central Striker classed as a Centre Forward or just as a Striker?😎

Just wait till we strike a deal. lol

49 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I’ve read the report and now I’m all confused. It says he can play as a left winger or as a Central Striker.  

So is a Central Striker classed as a Centre Forward or just as a Striker?😎

Left Striker

2 hours ago, owlinexile said:

It's not generally a good idea for 19 year old to barrel into their first full time job and start making big demands in any profession. 

You've not been paying attention to the expectations brought into professional life by millenials and "generation Z"... if you were born before 2000, people tended to have more modest expectations going into your first/second job, even without merits, but in all sectors, these new generations have demonstrated a discrepancy between self-perception and what the market expects of them, often trying to skip entry-level.

• Like 4