Keyendrah 'Keke' Simmonds

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I guess we could be fielding close to an u23 side next season so at least try and get quality ones. 

There must be one or two seasoned campaigners in the EFL who would fancy this for a season or two though. A few have made the step up in the past and done ok. 

I used to know all the lg1 and 2 journeyman that could do a job for 1 season . Out of touch now since we havnt seen lg1 in years wonder who's about these days.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Man City have a centre back in their u23s without a league game to his name then I am lumping on us for promotion, 12 point deduction or not. 

WTF:

They do that lad from donny we are meant to be interested in . Joel Latibeaudiere lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I guess we could be fielding close to an u23 side next season so at least try and get quality ones. 

There must be one or two seasoned campaigners in the EFL who would fancy this for a season or two though. A few have made the step up in the past and done ok. 

We have a fair bit of experience though, albeit not up front. We’re gonna need at least one of the forward group to have a bit of experience, plus maybe a “been around the block” holding midfielder

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have a fair bit of experience though, albeit not up front. We’re gonna need at least one of the forward group to have a bit of experience, plus maybe a “been around the block” holding midfielder

Are there any streetwise strikers about. Capable of leading the line and doing the dirty work? I liked the look of Moore at Wigan but more for his welsh performances not the Wigan ones.  

28 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Are there any streetwise strikers about. Capable of leading the line and doing the dirty work? I liked the look of Moore at Wigan but more for his welsh performances not the Wigan ones.  

Quite a few

Hogan, Hugill, Chris Martin, Gnadulliet

Season loans and free transfer for all of the above I’d imagine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

yes, I was thinking of an old fashioned centre half too. 

17 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Quite a few

Hogan, Hugill, Chris Martin, Gnadulliet

Season loans and free transfer for all of the above I’d imagine

This city youngster, chris martin and hugill along with rhodes. I'd be happy with that considering our situation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

Jonson Clarke Harris has been scoring and might fancy the step up. He’s a bit of a scrapper.

Hugill is meant to be off to qpr I think. 

Chris Martin would be handy but I wonder why he left derby.

People like Hogan and Gestede havent done it for a while and are a bit in the Rhodes bracket, for the latter I’d rather just get Nuhiu back for someone to go long to in the last ten and help some more skillful younger players/loan players. 

There’s always Vadaine Oliver for some old skool sh17housery 🤩

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Jonson Clarke Harris has been scoring and might fancy the step up. He’s a bit of a scrapper.

People like Hogan and Gestede havent done it for a while and are a bit in the Rhodes bracket, for the latter I’d rather just get Nuhiu back for someone to go long to in the last ten and help some more skillful younger players/loan players. 

Hogan did well at Birmingham last season 7 goals in 17 games

• Like 2

Lukas Jutkiewicz would be ideal.

Experienced, knows what Monk wants, a leader, mobile enough - he'd be a great replacement for Fletcher and still a few seasons left in him yet.

Also, he was bombed out at Boro by Karanka - and with Karanka now at Birmingham I dont see him wanting to stay there, nor Karanka wanting him especially as he'll expect some money to spend.

The Juke and Che Adams made a superb partnership at Birmingham - we get a kid in whos the same vein as Adams and we'd be getting a decent strikeforce partnership.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think if we can get Clarke Harris on the cheap and put some young players with pace and energy around him then it might be a good move.  

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 01/08/2020 at 21:19, 0114 said:

Don’t see him going to United if he’s after first team football. 

Plus he’s a left winger, they don’t play with wingers. 

Neither do we