Keyendrah 'Keke' Simmonds

I doubt he personally will have been involved in salary negotiations. He, like every other pro footballer will have an agent making demands to get as much as he can for his client and himself.

Maybe agents haven't yet come to terms with the effects of Covid-19 and future wage structures of clubs outside the EPL. All clubs need to stand firm and try to avoid falling into the trap of overpaying and risking the future of the club by forcing agents to accept lower wages for their clients.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I mean to be fair to the lad he may have been offered any amount and just said, hold on you pay your third choice keeper £25k a week. I’m going to play more than he does, why is he on 2/3/4/5 times more than me? 

We’re awfully quick to tarnish the lad when at the moment all we know is they have been negotiating a salary. Very rarely are both sides happy at first attempt and if they are maybe one side unknowingly has their pants down. 

Tbf I don’t think the young lad will have any idea what Westwood or any other player is on. The fact is it’s not about experience, it’s about what someone is willing to offer. Coming from city’s academy and highly thought of by Pep, that will add to his value no doubt 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Tbf I don’t think the young lad will have any idea what Westwood or any other player is on. The fact is it’s not about experience, it’s about what someone is willing to offer. Coming from city’s academy and highly thought of by Pep, that will add to his value no doubt 

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but take your point. 

I’m more concerned about how he’s already been hung out to dry as a money grabber, now I hope we don’t resurrect it and sign him as he’s already tarnished to many. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

To be fair to the lad its more than likely its the agent who's doing all the negotiations.  Footballers just seem to work for Agents (Who seem to operate more like third rate agencies) and the player just gets told who they are going to play for. 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but take your point. 

I’m more concerned about how he’s already been hung out to dry as a money grabber, now I hope we don’t resurrect it and sign him as he’s already tarnished to many. 

Behave ,if he comes and plays well no one will give a flying . 

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Behave ,if he comes and plays well no one will give a flying . 

Yea, I remember how JVA played well then first sign of doubt he was the 201st choice CB.... how bad must the other 200 been etc. Be exactly the same with this lad. First bad game and be billy big swollex, money grabbing so and so.... 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Yea, I remember how JVA played well then first sign of doubt he was the 201st choice CB.... how bad must the other 200 been etc. Be exactly the same with this lad. First bad game and be billy big swollex, money grabbing so and so.... 

Why did JVA hang out for a better deal ?

If a player is good the crowd will like him ,nothing to do with what money he is on 

Most fans won’t even know .

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Why did JVA hang out for a better deal ?

If a player is good the crowd will like him ,nothing to do with what money he is on 

Most fans won’t even know .

Yeah agree with that.

I remember Penney’s form going down hill (mostly due to a change of position thanks to Jos) and he started getting the old “what’s a young lad driving that car for, billy big balls“ etc. Was actually an A Class AMG Line Merc. Nice car but very level headed tbf. Didn’t go balls out and get a Bentley etc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

To be fair to the lad its more than likely its the agent who's doing all the negotiations.  Footballers just seem to work for Agents (Who seem to operate more like third rate agencies) and the player just gets told who they are going to play for. 

The Sunderland documentary a prime example.