BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

54 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Relegation battle next season!

Next season is going to be crap!

Yeah but you know our lot 

We'll win the first 2 games and they'll be talking about the playoffs lol

48 minutes ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Under Laws didn't we lose first 7 of the season be a bit like that and we survived, we'll be alreyt

Lost the first 6. Completely different though, losing the first 6 doesn't put you 12 points adrift at the bottom.

Huddersfield and Stoke both got just 1 point from the first 7 games this season, but they were still only 4 points behind 4th bottom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EXCALIBUR said:

I'm hoping that's in our appeal 

Earn your money di marco  and get us off with this

agreed , but we have worked within the embargo for four windows. BCFC just waved two fingers and spunked a  load more on new signings

OK we have to make sure we finish top half to ensure we don't go down. It would have to take a West Brom style finish (2nd Maybe) to get a play off place which is very unlikely. Don't think players of name will come here, and I suppose we don't need to be selling out big wages. That lesson has been learnt. I would prefer a manager the confidence of a good points haul. A last season last half small points return in line with this sizeable deduction is a challenge and a half. We got to get the heart back and some fire. We have to strengthen all departments with youth, energy, and talent. Players will have to know it's a work in progress. Another challenge based on a much reduced pre season. For once I'd say Chansiri needs to listen to people in the know. Try Howard Wilkinson or someone who knows about some hard work. Maybe Nigel Pearson. The latter as boss. Why not? One, we have to be hard to beat and two, we have to know how to score goals. We have to get good full backs, and a defensive midfielder or two etc as well. 

Let's get back meaning and work back in vogue....

24 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I don't blame the EFL for the decision, we were guilty.

They should be applying the punishment to this season and not next, there'll be plenty of pyssed off Charlton fans right now. 

The blame lies solely at the door of Chansiri, proved what we all knew, utterly icompetent and an appeal would not only show contempt to the EFL, but more importantly the fans yet again. 

Why? The hearing results weren't due until the week before the start of the 20/21 season. It would never have applied this season due to the timings. The fact covid got in the way has no bearing on anything.

1 minute ago, EXCALIBUR said:

I'm hoping that's in our appeal 

Earn your money di marco  and get us off with this

agreed , but we have worked within the embargo for four windows. BCFC just waved two fingers and spunked a  load more on new signings

24 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I don't blame the EFL for the decision, we were guilty.

They should be applying the punishment to this season and not next, there'll be plenty of pyssed off Charlton fans right now. 

The blame lies solely at the door of Chansiri, proved what we all knew, utterly icompetent and an appeal would not only show contempt to the EFL, but more importantly the fans yet again. 

Why? The hearing results weren't due until the week before the start of the 20/21 season. It would never have applied this season due to the timings. The fact covid got in the way has no bearing on anything.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yeah I get you, the backdating of the sale seems insane. But legally i guess if that is permissible in accounting terms (presumably we were advised this) and rules don’t prevent it then it’s potentially a loop hole, it’s taken months for the commission to get their head around and the reasoning hasn’t come out yet. I’m not saying it was a sound strategy or something I support by any means but whether the “sale” is backdated and Derby’s isn’t the principle of selling things to yourself is the same and at some point someone needs to hold their hands up and admit all this P&S  is a joke. This usually happens after we’ve fallen foul of it, like when we got relegated just before they changed parachute money. 

Since the charges I’ve been massive annoyed that we were told under CC how we were working to FFP but we weren’t. 

But what choice do we have now, implode, oust the owner without a favourable scenario for a good buyer. Or try and rally behind something for the time being and have the inquest later. I know what I’d choose. 

There's nothing in me that can justify supporting the regime that has caused this to happen. Sorry. 

The club and the players and the team will get my support. And its a huge shame they won't get the fans next season because I do think they need them to even have a chance of survival. 

Chansiri is done for me. The list of things over the years is too much to accept. Just try to remember all of the poo . The pricing structures, the blaming of the fans, the disastrous squad management, the embargo lies, more fan blaming. The list of soecific events is relentless. Nah he's done for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I don't think either party will appeal, I think the EFL may be disappointed the punishment wasn't applied this season and likewise we'll be relived on that part, so overall both might walk away with what they've got.

Chansiri will appeal!

He's too stubborn to let anything like this go on his record!

Sounds like a complete ‘best we can do’ load of ballcocks by the EFL. Season screwed because of COVID, clubs in serious financial problems across the whole EFL, a shambles of leadership and legal procedures by the EFL but they need to look as though they’ve done something. I’ll never stop being a Wednesdayite  so I couldn’t give a fizz about which league we are in but given the financial sheite with clubs like Villa and Derby and Wolves it’s yet another complete contradiction and proves once again how, if anything, football is run by totally arrogant, self absorbed and opinionated  wankbags who have no understanding of what they should be doing to support football. But it makes them look .... even more stupid and mardy. 

• Thanks 1

I wasn't expecting play offs next season and getting sixty two points will keep us up and not go up or down either with or without deduction . Another shambles like after Christmas continuing next season would relegate us with or without deduction next season . We know what we're up against now so instead of just licking our wounds let's get the siege mentality that the pigs have and not let it spoil our season , f@@k the efl lets have a good season 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Lost the first 6. Completely different though, losing the first 6 doesn't put you 12 points adrift at the bottom.

Huddersfield and Stoke both got just 1 point from the first 7 games this season, but they were still only 4 points behind 4th bottom. 

Yes but we have Monk.

Gemelli with anchovies, tomatoes and mascarpone

Preparation time

less than 30 mins

Cooking time

10 to 30 mins

Serves

Serves 2

Ingredients

175g/6oz gemelli pasta

1 tbsp olive oil

6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped 

1 garlic clove, crushed 

¼ tsp dried chilli flakes 

150g/5½oz cherry tomatoes, halved across the equator

4 tbsp dry white vermouth

2 tbsp mascarpone

1 tbsp finely grated Parmesan plus extra to serve

2 tbsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley, plus extra to serve 

salt

Recipe tips

Method

Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, but start checking a good 2 minutes before you’re told it should be ready. 

Meanwhile, put the oil and anchovies into a heavy-based wok, and cook, stirring over a medium heat for about 1 minute, or until the anchovies have almost dissolved into the oil. Stir in the garlic and chilli flakes, then turn the heat up a little and add the tomatoes, stirring gently for 2 minutes, or until they begin to soften. 

Pour in the vermouth, let it bubble up, then stir and push the tomatoes about in the pan for 2 minutes until they have broken down a little in the thickened, reduced sauce. Take the pan off the heat, stir in the mascarpone and, when it’s all melted, stir in the Parmesan and parsley. 

Before you drain the pasta, lower in a cup to remove some of the cooking water. Add a tablespoon or so of the cooking water to the pasta sauce; this will help the sauce coat the pasta. Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and throw well to mix, adding more of the pasta cooking water if needed. Sprinkle with a little parsley and take the Parmesan to the table to serve. 

Recipe Tips

Gemelli – which means twins in Italian – are a robust short pasta shape, formed out of what looks like two sturdy strings twisted together but are in fact made out of a single rope of pasta, doubled back on itself like a helicoidal twist. If you can’t find them – though they’re very much worth seeking out – then substitute casarecce or, easier still, fusilli.

2EF74223-C695-4557-BE0E-C7E08FEB5580.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it was a loophole we'd not have -12 points next season

Its the dates of the ground sale isnt it or am i wrong mate