BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Does this punishment now mean we have 60 million for stadium sale in this years accounts?

So we can actually do business now?

Please keep the money in your pocket Mr C until A decent manager arrives.

9 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Trunks down...cursed

Trunks up...promotion

Everyone knows that

This is what Chansiri should have.  Absolutely clueless when it comes to football.

I bet he couldn't even open a tin of tuna on his own without making a mess.

elephant_swim.jpg.1ddbc675e1ea3720ecd1a091331747ac.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Siege mentality is the only way forward now. 

No good calling for DC out unless you or a contact of yours has 100M or so to chuck at it. 

Get behind whatever squad we assemble and see where it takes us.

Yes a worldwide ban for the owner was our only hope 

Sadly that hasn't happened 

Unless he mends his ways and unless GM stops behaving like a control freak then we are doomed. 

Sadly we are stuck with a corrupt owner. And an awful team. At present we can't even use five subs because we haven't enough players

Then again that doesn't matter as our manager doesn't know how to use subs anyway. 

The owner must stop giving team talks and buying players without consulting the manager 

Today GM was directly ask if he had any say or part in deciding which players we sign

He refused to answer. That tells me that the owner decides everything. 

Just as CC told me 

Just now, gizowl said:

That's the only players that will come  the ones with no other alternative, some of those we were originally after have other alternatives it's going to be very difficult to persuade them we are their best option .Think before you write. 

I did think. Are you sure leagues one and two will start again? Plenty of good players in there, potentially unemployed. How do you know who we were originally after? We are still a big draw for a player who has to earn a wage. The amount of released players will far outweigh the clubs chasing them imo.

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wonder if Derby will get -12 as well. 

They won't - the issue reading the EFL statement was the date of the transaction not the transaction itself 

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

No. Ours was for incorrect accounting. 

Sky says this: The EFL statement read: "An independent disciplinary commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12-point deduction for breaching the League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

If Derby breached P&S like us they should get the same punishment. No mention about the sale of the ground (although I may have missed it).

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

Yes a worldwide ban for the owner was our only hope 

Sadly that hasn't happened 

Unless he mends his ways and unless GM stops behaving like a control freak then we are doomed. 

Sadly we are stuck with a corrupt owner. And an awful team. At present we can't even use five subs because we haven't enough players

Then again that doesn't matter as our manager doesn't know how to use subs anyway. 

The owner must stop giving team talks and buying players without consulting the manager 

Today GM was directly ask if he had any say or part in deciding which players we sign

He refused to answer. That tells me that the owner decides everything. 

Just as CC told me 

Er ok.

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Please keep the money in your pocket Mr C until A decent manager arrives.

Lets hope so,

Thats the first thing on the agenda.

I can only imagine monks team talk next week

Hi guys, we are starting minus 12 so lets really give it our all next season..

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

Sky says this: The EFL statement read: "An independent disciplinary commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12-point deduction for breaching the League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

If Derby breached P&S like us they should get the same punishment. No mention about the sale of the ground (although I may have missed it).

We only breached it because we didn't sell the ground to ourselves quick enough. Derby likely did.

12 minutes ago, Peter the owl said:

Yes the news is disappointing but we all need to remember it’s only a game. You win some and you lose some but we will bounce back UTO 🦉 

Exactly, it's a game, taken far to seriously,  money driven sport, how fans can commit is  beyond me especially those who simply can't afford it, it really is stupid 

1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You really don't know that.

True but I would have bet my last penny on that happening under the current circumstances. The whole shitshow would have come tumbling down otherwise. 

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

If we have breached for the 3 seasons ending 2017-18 then that presumably means they have accepted the sale in that season as we wouldn't have been over otherwise.

That should mean we can apply the sale to the 2018-19 accounts.

As you say, on those grounds, Derby should be punished if they are over the limit, not sure exactly what is the charge for them though.

Oh dear ... has Kivo got a decent lawyer ? I also remember when a certain site owner would have removed a post like that and asked for ‘some sensible debate’,  due to the threat it put the site under. 

Edited by Freshfish