BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

4 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Sky says this: The EFL statement read: "An independent disciplinary commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12-point deduction for breaching the League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

If Derby breached P&S like us they should get the same punishment. No mention about the sale of the ground (although I may have missed it).

An independent Disciplinary Commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12 point deduction for breaching the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

The sporting sanction will take effect in season 2020/21.

The Club was charged in November 2019 and referred to an independent Disciplinary Commission, which conducted a full hearing at the end of June 2020, before finding the Club guilty based on the fact that the Club should not have included profits from the sale of Hillsborough Stadium in the Club’s financial statements for the period ending July 2018.

The Club was found not guilty of a further charge of breaching its duty of utmost good faith to the EFL by deliberately concealing information from the League in respect of filings made in respect of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Or tweeting of pure 100% FACTS

Maybe, but its almost as if he is reveling in it, couldn't wait for the verdict to get it all out. 

It has put us in a bad light and leaves us chasing our tail in terms of points and attracting the right people next season but some seem happy to be saying 'I told you so', which is also sad.

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Can we go player shopping this summer though? 

Serious question.

Until the facts are released who know but it will be difficult to shop for good players who are happy to start the careers at a new club on minus 12 points.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe, but its almost as if he is reveling in it, couldn't wait for the verdict to get it all out. 

It has put us in a bad light and leaves us chasing our tail in terms of points and attracting the right people next season but some seem happy to be saying 'I told you so', which is also sad.

The people who should be hanging their heads in shame and acting with a touch of humility are the ones who have slagged fans for criticising Chansiri. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

If they said we couldn’t include the ground sale in that three year period....

then we can include it in the year after....sooo surely we have some more wiggle room now just on -12 (within the parameters!)

I keep reading things like this and posts saying we can spend now.... Not sure where the thinking comes from.

Unless Im mistaken, we have got -12 because we HAVE backdated the accounts. Its already been done, backdated, finished, over with.

If we had applied it to this year then we wouldnt have received the EFL charge. We need to worry about the next set of finances which need to be submitted any time soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe, but its almost as if he is reveling in it

I don't think he's revelling in it mate

I think he's in an angry place having told us all these facts for months/years now

What he's warned of has come to fruition

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Sky says this: The EFL statement read: "An independent disciplinary commission, appointed under EFL Regulations, has ruled that Sheffield Wednesday will receive a 12-point deduction for breaching the League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.

If Derby breached P&S like us they should get the same punishment. No mention about the sale of the ground (although I may have missed it).

I think the difference is that we included the sale of the ground in the previous years accounts. Without it we went over the limit. Once it was put into the correct years accounts it resulted in us breaking P & S rules in the three year period in question. Derby also sold their stadiums but my guess is that they included in the correct accounting period and if so, it saved them from breaking the rules. I could be wrong on this?

Just now, rickygoo said:

The people who should be hanging their heads in shame and acting with a touch of humility are the ones who have slagged fans for criticising Chansiri. 

Maybe, I tend to ignore people who take to personal insults for having a different opinion.