BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

5 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Did I say we were guiltless ? I think there is a bigger issue and problem. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs really big spectacles 

Do you mean thick lenses? Because  really big spectacles will just make you look a bit daft. 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Unless their alternative is the dole. With a mortgage and a family to pay for.

That's the only players that will come  the ones with no other alternative, some of those we were originally after have other alternatives it's going to be very difficult to persuade them we are their best option .Think before you write. 

All is NOT lost. I’m not a happy clapper but I’ll take that - it could have been a lot worse. A decent season, given that Rotherham, Wycombe and the web-footed lot up the road are in there, and we can claw back -12. It all depends on  having a decent manager, not GM, who can battle in the trenches and piece together a squad with a lot more fight in it than the current spineless lot.

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

So you think our players should  give up before a ball is kicked.

Okay not going to be going for automatic but got to believe we can finish 12 points above 3rd from bottom. Also think a few more clubs will get deductions.

We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

No,  but I'm just pointing out that had Chansiri stated that he wasn't signing any big earners and he was looking at signing freebies fans would have gone mad saying we lacked ambition. 

When we signed Forestieri, Jack Hunt, Jordan Rhodes, Steven Fletcher Adam Reach and others for big money fans were very happy thinking great times were around corner, we were taking pee out of them across town because they were in league one at time. 

Fair enough. But I will take the blame for Rhodes at least. I was all for it at the time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

My understanding is that the 12 points we have been deducted is the maximum punishment for the charge that we have been found guilty of.

The charge that we haven't been found guilty of carries a maximum 9 point deduction so the EFL would have to argue that we had acted in bad faith and be found guilty of that on appeal!

Right, ta

Guest Ferkorf

Does this punishment now mean we have 60 million for stadium sale in this years accounts?

So we can actually do business now?

Guest mkowl
40 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

The written judgement will be an interesting read

It certainly will, if it gets released to the public 

From a purely professional aspect i am intrigued on the key point - the date of sale of the stadium.

What was the evidence - be a few nervous folk who gave opinions on this 

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Does this punishment now mean we have 60 million for stadium sale in this years accounts?

So we can actually do business now?

I was thinking this also. Plus I heard that this year will not be included in any future ffp limits so we could spend whatever we wanted this year in theory...

Just now, rickygoo said:

Do you mean thick lenses? Because  really big spectacles will just make you look a bit daft. 

😀 ... Timmy Mallet or Stan Hardman ! Tough choice. Either way the glasses need to be able to open eyes and clear the eyesight so the funding of football clubs and the money made by those who run it are regarded as more important than a 12 points deduction.