BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Having said that, if we don't lodge or win an appeal, I personally would rather have it applied now and stray in league 1 but on a clean slate, as I think it's gonna be so hard to claw that back unless we really do turn ourselves around on the pitch. A season like that could do even more harm to the players mindset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

Next seson we need everybody pulling in the same direction, looking at this forum what chance have we got. I see some fans are saying chansiri has to go, if he walks away now we have no club because no one will buy us( i wonder if geoff sheard still wants us)

Here we go.

Just now, The Horse said:

But also, like  it or not - you're the 'leader' on this forum.
You may not want to bear the cross but you have a resposibility to lead and be the voice of reason and galvanise the troops.
This is your site.

Step up.

LEAD.

I'll be 100% honest mate

If I was to 'galvanise the troops' right now it would be to launch the biggest, most comprehensive, loudest CHAIRMANOUT campaign of all time

I'm no leader. I'm not a leader. I'm an ordinary fan just like anyone and everyone else. 

There's no 'tiers' to fans 

Everyone is equal

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

They were well clear when it happend!

Went from 14th to 17th

They went from 13th to 18th in the Championship, five points above the relegation zone, but my point was that he knew that a points deduction was likely and managed to get a pretty limited squad pulling together and playing for each other.

If we can add some players who have a bit of fight in them - an alien concept in recent seasons for us, I know - he might be able to create a similar siege mentality here, too.

• Like 1

Ladies and gents. Deep down we all knew in our heart of hearts we've screwed up. Living in the smallest hope we might have got away with it. 

We paid silly wages for players and like many others I welcomed it. Ffs it was nice to have a rich chairman. We missed the boat at Wembley, although Hull were favourites imho. Too much quality. Huddersfield were there for the taking and we blew it big style. 

So, here we are, starting with  one hand behind our back. Do or die. Lets feel sorry for ourselves later. Best we can do tonight is sit in our gardens, enjoy the costa del England temperatures, get hammered and remember one thing. WAWAW.

Tomorrow will take care of itself 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I get the anti chairman sentiment. He tried to take the EFL on in terms of showing the rules up and seemingly messed it up. Or was poorly advised. But the rules are a joke in my view (achieves no profit, sustainability, fairness, nothing) and had we got away with it I suspect we’d have been supportive of that.

But if this blows up between fans and club we have even less chance. If we all feel that the rules are a joke we can use this to try and achieve the impossible next season and stay up. 

Mate we back dated the sale. Unforgivable in my eyes. The sale should have been allowed and other clubs like Reading and Villa have done it. Derby will probably walk away fine as well. They didn't back date it to cover ffp losses for the 3 year period ending 2017/18. 

I'm disgusted any fan could defend what's happened to us. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It’s a new low for us. I hope this marks the end of the gamble era, I hope lessons have been learnt. Heads should roll for this, and in that we should say goodbye to the “advisers” that Chansiri refers to. 

That said, I have absolutely no confidence in the EFL and their  “independent panel“ and the FFP rules in general. 9 months to come to this decision....seriously. 

I’d imagine it’ll be quite difficult to attract the kind of players with the knowledge they’ll be playing catchup from the very start. 

A very good start required next season. 

• Like 1