THE EFL HEARING THREAD

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Points deduction coming into effect next season - that would be my guess 

The hearing was supposedly brought forward 

What is the point of doing that then not deducting the points this season.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I’m so looking forward to the EFL dealing with Villa and Bournemouth :bullen:

Look forward even more to people justifying the EFL when they don’t touch them , few on here for a start 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Look forward even more to people justifying the EFL when they don’t touch them , few on here for a start 

They’ve set a precedent with clubs overspending. Can’t remember the exact figures but I believe Villa and Bournemouth made Birmingham’s overspend look like petty cash.

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ll be honest - I’ve heard same. I’ve even been told the name at Doyen but obvs won’t post it on here. 

Heard same from a totally different (but reliable) source too. 

Yep, me too. Probably the same sources as you tho’

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ll be honest - I’ve heard same. I’ve even been told the name at Doyen but obvs won’t post it on here. 

Heard same from a totally different (but reliable) source too. 

Which deduction? The -15 or the -9 with a further -6 suspended. 

1 hour ago, Frazzlebeak said:

I’m so looking forward to the EFL dealing with Villa and Bournemouth :bullen:

Thought there was an agreement made with Bournemouth? Might be wrong though.

But Villa, I'm not sure what rules state for teams getting promoted then relegated but they should have the book thrown at them if we get just 1 point deducted

Guest gizowl
28 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If anyone from Doyen told me it was raining outside, I'd look out the window to check for myself. 

Agree, as part of our restructure to move forward Paixo and Doyen need to be binned off.

One thing this whole fiasco has taught us is that there needs to be clear timelines around the whole process. There is a cut off date for when accounts have to be submitted so there should then be a date by which the accounts have to be assessed and clubs are charged if suspected of breaking P&S. There should then be a cut off as to how quickly a case is heard and then clear guidelines as to when the points deduction is applied, which in my opinion should always be the following season so everyone knows exactly where they stand and there's no uncertainty or disruption like we have now. 

• Like 2

Anyone else wondering if EFL are waiting for us to "hopefully" get more than 9 points clear without danger of falling into relegation so they can give us a 9pts deduction to put this whole thing to bed without really impacting our season and them saving face? Only problem they've had the past 3 weeks is we haven't been able to buy a win. 

Step taken in the right direction today though.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway. 

• Like 1

Great distraction from this today. It feels lovely being a Wednesday fan again right now. 7 points at the start of the day is now 10 with a bonus point for goal difference. Ready for 1 last big kick in the balls this season with the punishment, & I think we will still just stay up! 

3 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

9 points deducted 6 suspended

New rumour..

Or maybe old one

Somebody from Doyen and an agent,

Said Wednesday know its 15 points but are refusing to announce it and are waiting for the Efl to announce it...

Thats from my so called ITK friend

Not rushing to lump on though

Its not up to Wednesday to announce it, its up the panel or the EFL

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

If anyone from Doyen told me it was raining outside, I'd look out the window to check for myself. 

Nearly as good as Bill Shankley who once said that if Everton were playing in his back garden he’d close the curtains

• Like 2