THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

I think it’s more likely if we’ve been found guilty that the point deduction is already decided but they are waiting to see if it relegates us if it doesn’t they will put it back to next season 

They won't do that

Just read on tw@tter.

Now it's over and decided and no penalty. Sheff Wed should sue the efl, as this nonsense from the efl has completely ruined the owls season.

Clicked on a link to a reply..then back and it's been taken down.

5 minutes ago, deano said:

They won't do that

index.jpg

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

How can ground sales be disallowed if we followed the EFL guidelines step by step...the dispute is about the value of the ground and when the figures went in our accounts

I know, but can’t imagine the DC would say you shouldn’t have included it in the previous year’s accounts but we’re going to allow the value to offset P&S losses. The valuation could be an issue but then the deduction should be less than 9, depending on the ‘fair valuation’ they deem realistic

The charges relate to "how and when" it was sold and its inclusion in the 2018 accounts when it was sold a year later.

As far as i know we are not in bother re valuation of the ground.. that will have been a different kettle of tuna

If we paid stamp duty at the time of the sale, then the efl are pissssing in the wind.....

If...

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

If it is 9 points we need to beat Huddersfield. Can’t see us beating Fulham. Would hate to be going in to the last game needing a win. 

I am not so sure. If Fulham cannot make 2 top at the stage we play them, would they not want to rest key players for play offs, or risk them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I am not so sure. If Fulham cannot make 2 top at the stage we play them, would they not want to rest key players for play offs, or risk them?

This is something I was working out earlier too, if WBA beat  fulham on Tuesday then that means Fulham will Only be in the playoffs (assuming Leeds win) and with so many games been played in a short space of time it would be dangerous to put out their first team again I n the last two league games, or to Try too hard and risk injuries

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

I think with 3 games left to play,  putting a points deduction to a team that would see them struggling to stay up would be a massive massive call by the EFL, because it will just bring on appeals galore and uncertainty for everyone and leave clubs not knowing which division they will be playing in, can they allow that scenario ?

Essentially be punishing them with automatic relegation,  and as the days go on I see it even less likely , Derby’s case starting indicates to me that the EFL have made there decision over us but for whatever reason it’s not yet public 

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Given the right of appeal, I can’t help but think that whatever happens we will not see this imposed or defeated until next season.

if they handed out a deduction that would’ve seen us relegated the teams that do go down will he absolutely furious, and if am honest , quite rightly 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

if they handed out a deduction that would’ve seen us relegated the teams that do go down will he absolutely furious, and if am honest , quite rightly 

They should have thought of that before setting the hearing date for July. 

21 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I am not so sure. If Fulham cannot make 2 top at the stage we play them, would they not want to rest key players for play offs, or risk them

Yeah then 1/2 of em try like fooook trying to win a place in play-off,/final

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Other teams need to do their own business and avoid relegation themselves. It’s not like we have benefitted from this financial mess since 2017.

If the verdict goes against us there is a right of appeal so whoever loses will trigger that and the uncertainty will go into next season id guess. Unless the appeal is a quick turnaround. The other clubs can’t complain about that.

the only other scenario is that we take a deduction on the chin that doesn’t relegate us and decide against the appeal. But DC seems the kind of man who will fight to the end on it.

Edited by Bluesteel