THE EFL HEARING THREAD

20 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

But Bradford don’t do that they have seasons tickets around the £200 mark

Pay on the gate is at least £25 for league 2 football 

They then have a flexi card system which gives a discount on those prices for a certain numbers of games

I live in Bradford and have lots of mates who are season ticket holders. The price doesn’t make the difference as season tickets sales are decreasing. They all say that they would pay more money to see the side get back to the championship as the football is terrible

I too live in Bradford and quite often go to games with mates.

The club is much community based, the football may be crap but I feel it's a better crowd atmosphere than what we have 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

One thing we need is our soul back ,I do not want to gripe about POTG ticket prices ,But make it affordable do not lose fans lets try and fill Hillsborough ,Get it rocking ,Make it a club instead of just a Business ,Its part of our life ,What ever division ,DC wont quit ,But i do think he has to bend a little ,Does he actually know any of our History ,We should Name a stand Jack Charlton Stand as far as i am Concerned ,Clubs with money can achieve ,Jack did with nothing .

The only problem with this is I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance of DC bending.....

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Was mainly referring to the cheaper tickets.

Personally I would reduce ST prices to £230 on the Kop (£10 a match)

£345 on the South (£15) and £280 on the north (£12 ish).

POTG should be a £5 uplift on all the above per game.

Crowds would be up.

Commercial would be up

Obviously we'd have to cut our cloth in other areas but as long as everyone knew how and where we stand.... It would be fine.

Honestly, I would rather we cut our cloth accordingly and had reasonable pricing as above.

I go to watch Wednesday, I go when we are good, I go when we are crap. I don't really care which league or how much the players cost or get paid. I would go regardless.

But it's getting harder and harder to go with the current pricing. I just cant justify it to my family.

It will never happen though as long as we are chasing the premier league dream. 

• Like 2

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

The problem with reducing prices significantly is that many supporters have bought multi-year ST's based on the higher prices. 

I have a 2 years left on a 3 year ticket but don’t really care if they make tickets cheaper. Just get on with it and sort the club out.

However I understand that might put me in a minority.
I don’t know how many have these kind of tickets and therefore how the numbers would work out but a simple solution would be to give them an extra year as some kind of compensation. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Awesomely put.

I actually believe DC has had his time, should cut his losses, take the hit and let us crack on and be sustainable.

Much rather pay less, and be in L1 with a community spirit and players and back room staff who feel apart of something than the current dictatorship.

Think Bradford City with a Brentford ethos 

I think DC might well be considering his options. Seriously. 

If we get relegated is he gonna continue to plough £3m ish a month in? Plus he’s in for an extra £60m to buy the ground. 

Admin might not be such a bad option for him. Cut and run 

Guest mkowl

Apparently John Percy in the Telegraph has suggested that the Derby case starts next week and then the decision on both clubs released at the same time.

The season ends in 11 days 

Derby could make the play offs so you can see a mess at both ends of the table here 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Apparently John Percy in the Telegraph has suggested that the Derby case starts next week and then the decision on both clubs released at the same time.

Derby could make the play offs so you can see a mess at both ends of the table here 

An absolute shambles, whether we are found guilty or not, the time taken to sort this out is insane.

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Perhaps we've already 'won' the case and so Derby are just about assured of winning theirs too, so they're now just going through the motions before announcing no fines or points deductions.

Followed by a change of the FFP rules to better reflect the state of football today.

Overlly optimistic?

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

what ? that's ridiculous, they aren't connected  or are they 

7 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Perhaps we've already 'won' the case and so Derby are just about assured of winning theirs too, so they're now just going through the motions before announcing no fines or points deductions.

Followed by a change of the FFP rules to better reflect the state of football today.

Overlly optimistic?

Noone knows.  There was talk last year that the EFL were using our case as the 'test case', as it were, because the case against us was stronger. Based on the outcome, they would then decide whether to pursue others.  So on that basis, one might conclude that they have ours in the bag, so are now fairly confident of nailing Derby too.

But it's all finger in the air stuff, due to the utter lack of transparency.

Edited by Sheff74

5 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Overlly optimistic?

That's proper optimistic that. Would love it if came to pass though, can you imagine how good that would feel? Which is why, as Wednesday fans, we can't belive it would happen. 

15 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Some years ago Leeds were going down to L1. They were relegated or near enough, so they went into admin. Took the points deduction because they knew they were going down anyway. Started the following season zero debt and zero point deduction. 

EFL saw that as unfair, in effect they hadn’t been penalised. So they changed the rules. 

This has been put right yeh....Leeds went into admin once it was mathematically impossible to stay up (during a game) and took a -10 deduction straightaway, leaving them bottom rather than 3rd bottom...Ken Bates pulling a fast one, but the EFL decided to give Leeds a further deduction, -15 to start the following season (-25 in total) so Leeds started their first season in league one on -15. They won the first 5 games on the bounce and finished in the play offs (losing to Doncaster), they would have finished in the auto’s without the deduction

It is though, why the rules were subsequently adjusted. 

just to add....Leeds appealed the second deduction and the EFL asked all the other clubs to vote whether to carry the deduction....they voted overwhelmingly to uphold it (only a couple voted in Leeds favour)

Edited by Shez

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

ridiculous. Derby’s case surely won’t be finished by the end of the season so we could finish the season safe and still a championship team but a few weeks later they could give us a point deduction and send us down? 

Clear as day the case won’t be settled anytime soon 

For me I suspect there’s no points deduction, don’t really see how the EFL could allow that not to be imposed on this season

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

ridiculous. Derby’s case surely won’t be finished by the end of the season so we could finish the season safe and still a championship team but a few weeks later they could give us a point deduction and send us down? 

Unless the rumours of us winning are accurate, which makes Derby's case a formality, if the EFL's case is flawed, given it's based on largely the same argument.