THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

They should have thought of that before setting the hearing date for July. 

They were in no rush whatsoever to get it dealt with, and I don’t think they have been since the club came out quite confidently and said would challenge them ,  I do suspect the club have some information about the EFL that the EFL don’t really want to see in the public domain 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Other teams need to do their own business and avoid relegation themselves. It’s not like we have benefitted from this financial mess since 2017.

If the verdict goes against us there is a right of appeal so whoever loses will trigger that and the uncertainty will go into next season id guess. Unless the appeal is a quick turnaround. The other clubs can’t complain about that.

the only other scenario is that we take a deduction on the chin that doesn’t relegate us and decide against the appeal. But DC seems the kind of man who will fight to the end on it.

it’s quite laughable seeing these Micky mouse teams like Barnsley foaming at the mouth for us to be deducted points so they stay up, ignoring the fact they have been pi$$ poor all season which is why they are at the bottom. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

How can ground sales be disallowed if we followed the EFL guidelines step by step...the dispute is about the value of the ground and when the figures went in our accounts

I think it's only about when the accounts were submitted and the creating of the transfer company. The value is an independent assessment, which is regulated and will stand in the accounts. If the EFL have an issue with this they can ask for another valuation, but it's very unlikely another surveying practice will disagree with the original valuation - it's just not done.

46 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

The charges relate to "how and when" it was sold and its inclusion in the 2018 accounts when it was sold a year later.

As far as i know we are not in bother re valuation of the ground.. that will have been a different kettle of tuna

If we paid stamp duty at the time of the sale, then the efl are pissssing in the wind.....

If...

Can anyone tell me ? - IF we are found guilty of including the ground sale in the wrong years accounts (and given  a points deduction), does that mean that the monies from the sale are then included in the following years accounts (which would according to the EFL case, be the correct year )? Without doing the maths I assume that would give us some wriggle room regarding finances. A win win for Wednesday !

Edited by doubleo
  • Like 1