THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

With the sad passing of Jack Charlton ,Thinking back when he took over the mess we were in ,What ever the EFL hit us with could not care less ,I Just hope we build a team ,With the same grit and determination ,That great Manager built for us ,Some of you that started watching 90s onwards ,Just ask your Dad or Grandad what a mess we were in before he came WAWAW. So EFL get on with it ,We are Bigger than you will ever be.

Awesomely put.

I actually believe DC has had his time, should cut his losses, take the hit and let us crack on and be sustainable.

Much rather pay less, and be in L1 with a community spirit and players and back room staff who feel apart of something than the current dictatorship.

Think Bradford City with a Brentford ethos 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

With the sad passing of Jack Charlton ,Thinking back when he took over the mess we were in ,What ever the EFL hit us with could not care less ,I Just hope we build a team ,With the same grit and determination ,That great Manager built for us ,Some of you that started watching 90s onwards ,Just ask your Dad or Grandad what a mess we were in before he came WAWAW. So EFL get on with it ,We are Bigger than you will ever be.

were you at the v Chesterfield game ?  when he decided to take us on pivotal moment in our up and down history 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, hullite said:

so im looking at the thread as a (nosey) outsider and can see nowt.

the rumour goes that you might get a 21 points deduction, 12 this term and 9 for next.

how close is that to reality?

12 points this season would be doubtful as it wouldn't give us the chance of getting those points back after today meaning they would be relegating us. If it went to appeal and we won it would mean we're in the wrong league and would be a legal minefield with us making massive compo claim and demanding to be reinstated into the Championship with immediate effect.

2 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Awesomely put.

I actually believe DC has had his time, should cut his losses, take the hit and let us crack on and be sustainable.

Much rather pay less, and be in L1 with a community spirit and players and back room staff who feel apart of something than the current dictatorship.

One thing we need is our soul back ,I do not want to gripe about POTG ticket prices ,But make it affordable do not lose fans lets try and fill Hillsborough ,Get it rocking ,Make it a club instead of just a Business ,Its part of our life ,What ever division ,DC wont quit ,But i do think he has to bend a little ,Does he actually know any of our History ,We should Name a stand Jack Charlton Stand as far as i am Concerned ,Clubs with money can achieve ,Jack did with nothing .

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Awesomely put.

Just interested to understand your interpretation of Bradford City

They have the highest priced pay on the door tickets in the division but cheap season tickets 

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Couldn’t agree with you more .......Grew up with Big Jacks team as my hero’s ....What would ..Andy Mc Cullough ...Jeff Johnson..Terry Curran....Denis leman...Tony Toms have made of this bunch of mercenaries we have now ??....Puts everything into prospective.....

• Love 2

11 hours ago, hullite said:

wigan look as if they will get their 12 points deduction and stay up

(they play us (hull city) next tuesday at their gaff) so theres 3 points

innit poo how money now rules the game and has done for decades. 

whatever happened to jumpers for goalposts, home town players playing for their club for life and enough pay(cash) on the day to keep most chairmens back pockets  happy.

our club died 2007. the season before we got promoted to the prem.

the prem seems to be the holy grail and the desire to get there at all costs is now proving to be an insane gamble by owners who are insulated from real financial damage. its the club itself that loses out.

one set of our owners actually borrowed money off the club putting it into debt so as to fund purchases in the prem. by the time we got relegated 2 yrs later the debt was 40 million. nowt nowadays. but 12 yrs ago to tin pot hull city it was almost administration liquidation factor.

happy days ... not

Re your comment about home grown players. I was listening to a piece anout the Celtic Lisbon Lions winning the European cup. 10 of the players lived no more the 10 miles from the ground the other lived 30 miles away 😯

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Just interested to understand your interpretation of Bradford City

They have the highest priced pay on the door tickets in the division but cheap season tickets 

Was mainly referring to the cheaper tickets.

Personally I would reduce ST prices to £230 on the Kop (£10 a match)

£345 on the South (£15) and £280 on the north (£12 ish).

POTG should be a £5 uplift on all the above per game.

Crowds would be up.

Commercial would be up

Obviously we'd have to cut our cloth in other areas but as long as everyone knew how and where we stand.... It would be fine.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

One thing we need is our soul back ,I do not want to gripe about POTG ticket prices ,But make it affordable do not lose fans lets try and fill Hillsborough ,Get it rocking ,Make it a club instead of just a Business ,Its part of our life ,What ever division ,DC wont quit ,But i do think he has to bend a little ,Does he actually know any of our History ,We should Name a stand Jack Charlton Stand as far as i am Concerned ,Clubs with money can achieve ,Jack did with nothing .

Do you mean reduce POTG prices to hopefully attract bigger crowds and reduce number of season ticket holders ? If you reduce POTG prices generally you would have to reduce price of season tickets wouldn't you ?. 

Just now, pioowl said:

Do you mean reduce POTG prices to hopefully attract bigger crowds and reduce number of season ticket holders ? If you reduce POTG prices generally you would have to reduce price of season tickets wouldn't you ?. 

Well if we are going to have a wage cap ,All ticket prices can come down.

Can I ask one simple question? What is the decision regarding points deduction or otherwise?

I don't want to join in any discussion about DC, the Manager, the team  or other.

Just what , if and when it happens, is the EFL decision.?

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Well if we are going to have a wage cap ,All ticket prices can come down.

yes,if the wage cap is introduced that should be possible but presumably that would be phased in over a few years.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Can I ask one simple question? What is the decision regarding points deduction or otherwise?

I don't want to join in any discussion about DC, the Manager, the team  or other.

Just what , if and when it happens, is the EFL decision.?

WE DONT KNOW FFS I don't anyway.

25 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Crowds would be up.

Commercial would be up

Obviously we'd have to cut our cloth in other areas but as long as everyone knew how and where we stand.... It would be fine.

It does seem though that "low" potg prices don't seem to attract bigger crowds ?

34 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Crowds would be up.

Commercial would be up

Revenue would be down on this, nearly halving prices won’t double the crowds

37 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

Crowds would be up.

Commercial would be up

But Bradford don’t do that they have seasons tickets around the £200 mark

Pay on the gate is at least £25 for league 2 football 

They then have a flexi card system which gives a discount on those prices for a certain numbers of games

I live in Bradford and have lots of mates who are season ticket holders. The price doesn’t make the difference as season tickets sales are decreasing. They all say that they would pay more money to see the side get back to the championship as the football is terrible

Whatever else, you have to acknowledge the fact in an age when most government bodies are as leak proof as a colander, this process appears Fort Knox like. Amazing really that after 3 weeks no-one seems to have a clue about the decision or any penalties being imposed or if they do they are strictly embargoed from saying anything. So frustrating but respect due.

• Like 1