THE EFL HEARING THREAD

40 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Apparently John Percy in the Telegraph has suggested that the Derby case starts next week and then the decision on both clubs released at the same time.

The season ends in 11 days 

Derby could make the play offs so you can see a mess at both ends of the table here 

If that's true the season is likely to have finished when the verdicts are released. If both cases are proven would seem grossly unfair on both clubs if a points deduction was imposed after the season has finished.

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Unless the rumours of us winning are accurate, which makes Derby's case a formality, if the EFL's case is flawed, given it's based on largely the same argument.

Surely if we'd won they wouldn't even bother going through the motions with Derby, they'd just drop the charges and cut their losses. 

• Like 1

Just now, latemodelchild said:

Surely if we'd won they wouldn't even bother going through the motions with Derby, they'd just drop the charges and cut their losses. 

This is the EFL were taking about, common sense doesn't apply.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Apparently John Percy in the Telegraph has suggested that the Derby case starts next week and then the decision on both clubs released at the same time.

The season ends in 11 days 

Derby could make the play offs so you can see a mess at both ends of the table here 

Why do that seeing as both cases are totally independent and have nothing to do with each other. Makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I have a 2 years left on a 3 year ticket but don’t really care if they make tickets cheaper. Just get on with it and sort the club out.

However I understand that might put me in a minority.
I don’t know how many have these kind of tickets and therefore how the numbers would work out but a simple solution would be to give them an extra year as some kind of compensation. 

Surely we bought them on the understanding that nothing is guaranteed, we took the chance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I thought our charges were based on the accounting period the stadium sale was included in & Derby's is based on the stadium valuation.

20 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I doubt they have a choice

Guest Ferkorf

9 points deducted 6 suspended

New rumour..

Or maybe old one

Somebody from Doyen and an agent,

Said Wednesday know its 15 points but are refusing to announce it and are waiting for the Efl to announce it...

Thats from my so called ITK friend

Not rushing to lump on though

I’ve always thought it wouldn’t be announced either the day before or the day of a game. You wouldn’t expect an announcement on Sunday so given my opening sentence, I don’t believe we’ll hear until next Wednesday at the earliest when we’ll have only 2 games left. Ridiculous state of affairs whichever way you look at it. Personally I think the longer it takes to announce the more likely the decision is in our favour as it’s not just us who wants to know, the footballing powerhouse otherwise know as Barnsley and the best Chairman in the world who just happens to reside on the North East Riviera do as well?

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Can I ask one simple question? What is the decision regarding points deduction or otherwise?

I don't want to join in any discussion about DC, the Manager, the team  or other.

Just what , if and when it happens, is the EFL decision.?

Do you not think, if it had been already announced, that people on here would know and would be now widely discussing its implications ?

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I think DC might well be considering his options. Seriously. 

If we get relegated is he gonna continue to plough £3m ish a month in? Plus he’s in for an extra £60m to buy the ground. 

Admin might not be such a bad option for him. Cut and run 

But what would be the point? What would he gain? The only person we owe money to is Chansiri.

If he wants to cut and run he simply needs to sell the club for a price that someone else is willing to pay.

I just can't understand how admin would benefit Chansiri in any way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

9 points deducted 6 suspended

New rumour..

Or maybe old one

Somebody from Doyen and an agent,

Said Wednesday know its 15 points but are refusing to announce it and are waiting for the Efl to announce it...

Thats from my so called ITK friend

Not rushing to lump on though

I’ll be honest - I’ve heard same. I’ve even been told the name at Doyen but obvs won’t post it on here. 

Heard same from a totally different (but reliable) source too. 

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I’ll be honest - I’ve heard same. I’ve even been told the name at Doyen but obvs won’t post it on here. 

Heard same from a totally different (but reliable) source too. 

We've had loads of chances to cover that 15 point gap too on the pitch. Would be a monumental failure all round.