THE EFL HEARING THREAD

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

I do wonder if these strong characters needed managing better. A bit like Wilson and Di Canio. Are we watching our most talented players walk out of the door?

I wouldn’t mind if any of the players being spoken about were fit to lace Di Canio’s boots.

• Like 3

Couldn’t careless if Monk stays or goes

Westwood still needs shipping out, and Hutchinson and FF leaving would have been the correct call under any manager 

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Why don’t we just get behind Garry Monk and the team ffs. This is not an easy job for any manager to deal with. 

I am warming to him. Once he can clear out what needs clearing out and he can work with the  squad he wants, it’ll show whether he is the man for the job or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Eastern said:

I am warming to him. Once he can clear out what needs clearing out and he can work with the  squad he wants, it’ll show whether he is the man for the job or not.

He’s not exactly my cup of tea either. More to do with the style of football prior to lockdown.

But, he’s come in and inherited a crock of poo. There’s clearly been issues at the football club from top to bottom and difficulties managing disruptive players. As fans, we need to understand the situation he is working with. 

Let’s just get behind him and see what he can do this summer. I’m sure he will be trying to offload Westwood and Rhodes who are on big money which will allow him to do the rebuild he will want to do. 

So far so good tho. We are losing fletcher, Winnall, FF, Hutch who are all on big money. The latter 3 all disruptive influences in one way or another. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Let’s just get behind him and see what he can do this summer. I’m sure he will be trying to offload Westwood and Rhodes who are on big money which will allow him to do the rebuild he will want to do. 

So far so good tho. We are losing fletcher, Winnall, FF, Hutch who are all on big money. The latter 3 all disruptive influences in one way or another. 

I'm sure Monk will try to off-load Westwood.

I may be wrong but I feel that Westwood is the type of guy who will happily sit on his arse, quite content to pick

up his mega wages without the need to exert himself playing or training (? - well he has got a poorly shoulder you know)

I don't think he will consider leaving unless another club offer him a comparable or better financial deal,

and the chances of that absolutely nil.

14 hours ago, ka58 said:

The damage has already been caused.

look at the state of us. 

we’re 15th in the championship with a threadbare squad - currently in a disciplinary hearing facing a potential points deduction with 8 games to go.

our results and performance have been in freefall since Xmas and the manager seems disliked by much of the fanbase.

we don’t have any saleable assets on the playing staff and have some players on large salaries who aren’t good enough for the league we’re in.

The horse has bolted.

Baying for a clear out then complaining we have a thread bare squad ! One finds it difficult to get ones breath lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

I'm sure Monk will try to off-load Westwood.

I may be wrong but I feel that Westwood is the type of guy who will happily sit on his arse, quite content to pick

up his mega wages without the need to exert himself playing or training (? - well he has got a poorly shoulder you know)

I don't think he will consider leaving unless another club offer him a comparable or better financial deal,

and the chances of that absolutely nil.

Didn’t you read the interview with h8m around four months ago? Contradicts most of that.

On 28/06/2020 at 06:45, mkowl said:

A mate who usually has a reasonable grasp on all matters as suggested -6 is the deal.

110 pages and this is the only post that has made me slightly optimistic. Not sure if you can give more details but would this mate of yours be just speculating or is he basing it on more concrete knowledge? 

If it is 6 points then I'd take it but it means we are guilty. It means DC has tried to pull a fast one and got caught with his fingers in the biscuit barrel. That worries me a lot. He's got millions, or so we're told, yet he's tried to pull a trick that on the face of it, looks like a proper chump move. 

Until we know either way though I'm not gonna start chucking accusations and abuse out. Let's see what our punishment is and look at what needs to happen next. We could all be worrying for nowt, EFL said we could do it, we did, they then realised they'd dropped a spherical one and tried to save face. 

• Love 1