THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

That’s when you should show him the most support.

The fans showing him more support won’t stop him making howlers and letting the team down repeatedly He’s not 17 years old and just starting to make his way in the professional game. How long do you offer your support to a keeper who  hasn’t learnt yet to command his area and game after game still makes silly mistakes you’d probably expect from a keeper a lot younger than him.

SWFC has always had good to great keepers regretfully Dawson will not be remembered in that category 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

You’ll have to help me out here

You say Dawson has been the regular number one for 2 season.......and that during that time our form has been relegation from.

But we’ve not been relegated

How’s that work then?

Well you got me there haven’t you? 🥺Erm Westwood was reinstated at the halfway point of last season when the young Lev Yashin was conceding 2 goals a game. Surely we would gone down if we had stuck with Dawson but as you say we didn’t 😳

As for this season, if you don’t consider the stats for the second half of this season since young Lev was a regular as relegation form then you really must think Nuhiu is world class 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heppers said:

On and off the pitch we are no further forward than we were under Dave Allen.

Think you are forgetting what it was like under Dave Allen. This lot have never had to make there own way to  away  matches. Wouldnt  pay for hotels so traveled on the day! ( remember that Reading game where we was stuck in traffic and had to get changed on coach) had to supply there own meals at team lunch!  Yep it's very much same! 🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guest AndyOwl said:

What on earth has he done right?! 

Negative tactics, plenty of one up front at home against teams we should have been easily beating and then failed to do so (if we're doing well he'll usually change it round so we are worse.). Poor team selections, ostracised players who we really could have done with playing, brought in very average loans, (then doesn't even really use them). 

He talks utter garbage in post match press conferences and pre match ones, often blasts players rather than taking blame himself.

Has a worse win rate than Bullen, Jos, CC, Bruce. 

Why do people like this guy and trust him to build a squad, he's already destroyed the one we had. 

Stop talking sense, they don't like that on here

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Alright then. Bottom line when Dawson has been the regular number one in two consecutive seasons, our form has been relegation form. Yes but let’s support him has he lets in goal after goal after goal while we tumble down the league’s. I get what you’re saying but when do you turn round and say someone’s not up to it?

For the record, Dawson has appeared in 64+3 games for Wednesday, conceding 90 goals; an average of 1.41 per game (not including when he came on from the bench). The average in the Championship (all games and all teams) over the last five years has been 1.29. Over the course of a full season, that would translate to 5.52 goals more than the average. So rather than relegation form, I would suggest it's a fraction below average.

By contrast, Joe Wildsmith has played 34+1 times with 51 goals going past him; an average of 1.50.

Judging goalkeepers like this seems pretty unreliable to me though. There's so many different factors that go into it. Have most of our opponents lately given up few goals because they've turned in a succession of world class displays? If you swapped Liverpool's and Norwich's custodians, would they concede a similar number of goals? Of course not, and the reasons for that would be largely completely independent of their performances either way.

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

For the record, Dawson has appeared in 64+3 games for Wednesday, conceding 90 goals; an average of 1.41 per game (not including when he came on from the bench). The average in the Championship (all games and all teams) over the last five years has been 1.29. Over the course of a full season, that would translate to 5.52 goals more than the average. So rather than relegation form, I would suggest it's a fraction below average.

By contrast, Joe Wildsmith has played 34+1 times with 51 goals going past him; an average of 1.50.

Judging goalkeepers like this seems pretty unreliable to me though. There's so many different factors that go into it. Have most of our opponents lately given up few goals because they've turned in a succession of world class displays? If you swapped Liverpool's and Norwich's custodians, would they concede a similar number of goals? Of course not, and the reasons for that would be largely completely independent of their performances either way.

...but factor Luhukay into Dawson's record...that's not fair. 

I mean, come on.  

giphy.gif  

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Yet the fans who've paid a lot of money to go to the games and criticise Monk because of that dire record and the state of the performances since Christmas are idiots, apparently. 

Any points deduction is because of Chansiri's inept running of the club, no question, but if we'd had even an average record in the league since Christmas we'd be in a position where the points deduction (assuming it's 9-12 points) wouldn't be putting us in grave danger of relegation.

FFS get real, what puts us in grave danger is when half a million people turn up on Bournemouth beach with no facilities open. Win lose or draw watching Wednesday can be great, it can be harrowing but we love it ! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

What are our other keepers stats like? The one that broke the clean sheets record? Just for comparison 

3 hours ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Think you are forgetting what it was like under Dave Allen. This lot have never had to make there own way to  away  matches. Wouldnt  pay for hotels so traveled on the day! ( remember that Reading game where we was stuck in traffic and had to get changed on coach) had to supply there own meals at team lunch!  Yep it's very much same! 🙄

No money for players , heading for league 1 and some very stupid decisions at the top. Seems pretty similar  to me . At least it was affordable to watch back then 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

FFS get real, what puts us in grave danger is when half a million people turn up on Bournemouth beach with no facilities open. Win lose or draw watching Wednesday can be great, it can be harrowing but we love it ! 

He said 'grave danger of relegation', though.

What's Bournemouth beach got to do with that?

:duntmatter:

9 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

The fans showing him more support won’t stop him making howlers and letting the team down repeatedly He’s not 17 years old and just starting to make his way in the professional game. How long do you offer your support to a keeper who  hasn’t learnt yet to command his area and game after game still makes silly mistakes you’d probably expect from a keeper a lot younger than him.

SWFC has always had good to great keepers regretfully Dawson will not be remembered in that category 

Ok, let’s slaughter him.

That’ll help surely?!

Guest mkowl
14 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Is it Kieran Maguire

lol

I wouldn't trust Maguire to tell me today was Sunday