THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

If it is a mandatory scale for punishment linked to the losses over £39m, which is where the -12 points deduction seems to come from, does this indicate some mitigating circumstances are in play so we have a reduced penalty?

So -6 is an agreed penalty by both sides who have made errors, so it's not about breaching the limit, but 'technical' breaching of the rules.....this being the smallest penalty that Boro, dingles etc.will accept (the biggest one we will accept) so this goes away now and the season can be finished without appeals?

Not sure how "having a grasp on matters" gives you inside info 

And I'm not sure that Barnsley and Boro are sat in debating our punishment 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Not sure how "having a grasp on matters" gives you inside info 

And I'm not sure that Barnsley and Boro are sat in debating our punishment 

Inside information.... where have I said that is something that I have? Just chatting through a view as to why it could be -6 which seems contrary to the sliding scale the EFL allegedly use eg. With Birmingham

Didn't say that others are debating our punishment....the point was that -6 may avoid further legal action by others and put an end to this. Thereby giving us some certainty with so few games to go

• Like 1

No news is good News ,Let season finish Next season start ,Then give us the decision ,Myself I think the EFL is trying to save face ,Aston Villa and Bournemouth both broke FFP ,What happens if they come down ,Are the EFL going to strip them of the Parachute money ,Chansiri  ,If we get prosecuted wants to sue the EFL to hell .

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

No news is good News ,Let season finish Next season start ,Then give us the decision ,Myself I think the EFL is trying to save face ,Aston Villa and Bournemouth both broke FFP ,What happens if they come down ,Are the EFL going to strip them of the Parachute money ,Chansiri  ,If we get prosecuted wants to sue the EFL to hell .

Bournemouth have already been punished.

Villa is a total basketcase to handle, makes us look like a local 5 a side team getting done for playing a ringer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Bournemouth have already been punished.

Villa is a total basketcase to handle, makes us look like a local 5 a side team getting done for playing a ringer.

Villa must be bricking it at the thought of being relegated.... wonder if they will gamble and change managers in one desperate throw if the dice?

Not sure who they would go for though 🤦

• Like 1

If we are found guilty then I can't see how the other clubs would accept -6, considering what we have alleged to have done is far worse than the likes of Birmingham, who were give a higher penalty.  The EFL are likely to have numerous protests to deal with, and possibly legal challenges from the clubs relegated.

As for us suing the EFL, good grief, we really do NOT need more time in court, regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

If we are found guilty then I can't see how the other clubs would accept -6, considering what we have alleged to have done is far worse than the likes of Birmingham, who were give a higher penalty.  The EFL are likely to have numerous protests to deal with, and possibly legal challenges from the clubs relegated.

As for us suing the EFL, good grief, we really do NOT need more time in court, regardless of the outcome. 

And you wonder why people accuse you of being a Blade 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, markowl said:

Think thats a bit unfair. Seems like a perfectly reasonable analysis.

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

Oh give it a rest FFS.

I can read for a start, which immediately eliminates that possibility.

What exactly have I written above that suggests I support United?  Our case is potentially more serious than Brum, and do you think the likes of Boro will let this rest if we get off lightly?

• Haha 2

Just now, markowl said:

I'm basing it on other posts too, not just that one in isolation.

Would that be the posts where I dared to suggest that they have some decent players?

Well stone me dead, who'd have thought that might be true after 2 promotions in 3 years and doing well in the top flight..?

Just now, Sheff74 said:

Oh give it a rest FFS.

I can read for a start, which immediately eliminates that possibility.

What exactly have I written above that suggests I support United?  Our case is potentially more serious than Brum, and do you think the likes of Boro will let this rest if we get off lightly?

What's it got to do with other clubs?

My understanding is it's an independent panel. If we get a points deduction fair enough, if we don't, other clubs will have to suck it up.

• Like 5