THE EFL HEARING THREAD

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Basically, they are accusing us of fiddling our accounts to get round FFP. 

But if the ground sales money went into the wrong years accounts, moving it into the following year would mean we have overspent in that 3 year period but perfectly fine the next 3 year count back, seems pedantic to me but who am i to judge. 

As for valuation, properties are worth what someone is willing to pay. 

The real problem is parachute payments and high wages for players if any club is wanting to take a shot at promotion they have to overcome that or the Premier League becomes a closed shop. 

Edited by akbuk
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Inside information.... where have I said that is something that I have? Just chatting through a view as to why it could be -6 which seems contrary to the sliding scale the EFL allegedly use eg. With Birmingham

Didn't say that others are debating our punishment....the point was that -6 may avoid further legal action by others and put an end to this. Thereby giving us some certainty with so few games to go

I wasnt implying you had inside info,  but you quoted mkowl who had a mate that "Had a grasp on things" and it was -6 points, and I was wondering how having a good grasp gave him inside info 

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

But if the ground sales money went into the wrong years accounts, moving it into the following year would mean we have overspent in that 3 year period but perfectly fine the next 3 year count back, seems pedantic to me but who am i to judge. 

As for valuation, properties are worth what someone is willing to pay. 

The real problem is parachute payments and high wages for players if any club is wanting to take a shot at promotion they have to overcome that or the Premier League becomes a closed shop. 

The entire set up is a joke. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Not sure what you can take from the fact that our QC has been tweeting about soy sauce this morning....

His Twitter makes me think he isn't actually representing us at the hearing. Perhaps just an advisor?

He has been posting about all sorts of stuff and was involved in some webinar on Friday. Doesn't seem like he's spending his days at the hearing with his recent posting. 

• Haha 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

I think we should just let Gibson decide the punishment then he will probably be happy 

Gobson definitely won't be happy when the case is not proven and because of his attempts to exert undue influence on the independent panel 'Boro are docked 9 points and given a humungous fine!

Whatever happens 'Boro and Baarnsleh are going down!

lol

3 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

His Twitter makes me think he isn't actually representing us at the hearing. Perhaps just an advisor?

He has been posting about all sorts of stuff and was involved in some webinar on Friday. Doesn't seem like he's spending his days at the hearing with his recent posting. 

Is it just me who has a mental picture of him outside the court ( I know it's not a court) pacing up and down continually checking his phone before he posts on twitter how he had won another case?

24 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Oh give it a rest FFS.

I can read for a start, which immediately eliminates that possibility.

What exactly have I written above that suggests I support United?  Our case is potentially more serious than Brum, and do you think the likes of Boro will let this rest if we get off lightly?

I think it's more the defeatist nature of your comment, combined with us all being a little precious at the moment as we wait.

Fair enough it's your view but I actually like the way Chansiri fights his corner and stands up to the EFL. Long may it continue. If the panel deducts us points and he has legal advice that we have a solid claim against the EFL then I hope he goes for it. Don't care what Gibson et al think or do. Send the message that we won't be bullied. We don't expect (and never get) goodwill from the EFL so don't give any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Is it just me who has a mental picture of him outside the court ( I know it's not a court) pacing up and down continually checking his phone before he posts on twitter how he had won another case?

I’ve got him eating the cheesecake he made himself at the press conference.

• Haha 1

Just now, ljhowl said:

I think it's more the defeatist nature of your comment, combined with us all being a little precious at the moment as we wait.

Fair enough it's your view but I actually like the way Chansiri fights his corner and stands up to the EFL. Long may it continue. If the panel deducts us points and he has legal advice that we have a solid claim against the EFL then I hope he goes for it. Don't care what Gibson et al think or do. Send the message that we won't be bullied. We don't expect (and never get) goodwill from the EFL so don't give any.

Fair do's. As you say we all have a view on how best to move forward.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ve got him eating the cheesecake he made himself at the press conference.

The wife made this one yesterday

image.png.60a03824062310f927fe6bda25aeada2.png

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

110 pages and this is the only post that has made me slightly optimistic. Not sure if you can give more details but would this mate of yours be just speculating or is he basing it on more concrete knowledge? 

If it is 6 points then I'd take it but it means we are guilty. It means DC has tried to pull a fast one and got caught with his fingers in the biscuit barrel. That worries me a lot. He's got millions, or so we're told, yet he's tried to pull a trick that on the face of it, looks like a proper chump move. 

Until we know either way though I'm not gonna start chucking accusations and abuse out. Let's see what our punishment is and look at what needs to happen next. We could all be worrying for nowt, EFL said we could do it, we did, they then realised they'd dropped a spherical one and tried to save face. 

No whatever you do, don't start throwing accusations about. "It means DC has tried to pull a fast one and got caught with his fingers in the biscuit barrel". 

On 28/06/2020 at 06:45, mkowl said:

A mate who usually has a reasonable grasp on all matters as suggested -6 is the deal.

The maximum points deduction is 12 points, plus or minus up to 9 points for aggravating or mitigating circumstances as the case may be.

The sanctioning guidelines (from what can be pieced together because as far as I know they are not published) look something like this:

image.png.0c8f5bc528c6e00175ebe4faa4178523.png

So if your mate is right Kev the Disciplinary Commission must have either:

• found us to have overspent by 6-8m (suggesting that at least some of the proceeds from the ground sale have been allowed against FFP ), or
  • we've been docked the maximum 12 points with 6 points awarded for mitigating factors

I must say the reporting on the issue has been really vague from the journos.

The case was originally heard by an EFL Arbitration Panel, where we challenged the EFLs right to refer us to a Disciplinary Commission.

Presumably we lost the arbitration case (partly at least, though the misconduct charges agains DC, JR and KM were dropped).

I guess we'll get the Disciplinary Commission decision soon enough if the hearing (the final stage of the proceedings) was last week.

• Thanks 1