THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Just now, latemodelchild said:

If it is 6 points then I'd take it but it means we are guilty. It means DC has tried to pull a fast one and got caught with his fingers in the biscuit barrel. That worries me a lot. He's got millions, or so we're told, yet he's tried to pull a trick that on the face of it, looks like a proper chump move. 

The problem is not the available money but the rules tying the hands of the people with money.

In case we get a penalty, I hope the six points proves to be true. In any case, the faster this whole thing is over, the better. We have some rebuilding to do and need to have clear vision of where we are and where we should head next.

• Like 1

Just now, FinnishOwl said:

The problem is not the available money but the rules tying the hands of the people with money.

In case we get a penalty, I hope the six points proves to be true. In any case, the faster this whole thing is over, the better. We have some rebuilding to do and need to have clear vision of where we are and where we should head next.

If we sold players for actual money then it'd free up some cash. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

It still requires that we sell them for profit, which is something that has always been very hard for us. Now that we have this karma based football family thing going on, even more so.

Screenshot_20200202-134659_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d8ea12c49aa155a75b53210dad3a45c.jpg

8 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

It still requires that we sell them for profit, which is something that has always been very hard for us. Now that we have this karma based football family thing going on, even more so.

Other teams don't have that issue. 

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

We used to say that in hope; now it feels like a cruel joke.

Almost every asset we owned has been allowed to run down their contract and walk away for free.

Of those who remain, only Reach, Iorfa and Bannan would raise a decent fee. In the current climate, maybe not even them. Our only hope on that front might be if a Premier League club wants to take a punt on Iorfa.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2020 at 06:45, mkowl said:

A mate who usually has a reasonable grasp on all matters as suggested -6 is the deal.

If it is a mandatory scale for punishment linked to the losses over £39m, which is where the -12 points deduction seems to come from, does this indicate some mitigating circumstances are in play so we have a reduced penalty?

So -6 is an agreed penalty by both sides who have made errors, so it's not about breaching the limit, but 'technical' breaching of the rules.....this being the smallest penalty that Boro, dingles etc.will accept (the biggest one we will accept) so this goes away now and the season can be finished without appeals?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

A reasonable grasp on matters?

How do you mean?

Surely ours is a very very unique situation?

Think he means that the friend is not a Wednesday fan, so more in touch with reality. 

• Haha 1

I don't think anyone can have an accurate idea of what the punishment (if any) will be. The EFL punishments seem to have been wide ranging and quite random in the past.

What I do know is the sooner its sorted the better, for everyone concerned. We need to know what we are dealing with next year so we can crack on (or not....) 

28 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Think he means that the friend is not a Wednesday fan, so more in touch with reality. 

But still not ITK which kind of makes it irrelevant. Anyone can pluck numbers out of the air, we’ve all been doing it since this came to light. If it’s 6 points then that’s very luck considering Brum got 9 for what many would deem a less financially implicating scenario.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A reasonable grasp on matters?

How do you mean?

Surely ours is a very very unique situation?

I'd say smudging the books  to make the accounts look healthier  is a common practice in business. I wouldn't say it's unique. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'd say smudging the books  to make the accounts look healthier  is a common practice in business. I wouldn't say it's unique. 

It’s common practice in our house!!! lol

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A load of media outlets followed Owlstalk twitter in the last day so they must know something is imminent. am expecting something today 

Is the server ready and prepped for the meltdown mate.? 

• Haha 4