LATEST - 10 Championship players tested positive for Covid-19

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I read it all as that if you’re notified by the contact tracers that you’ve been in contact with someone who has it you’re expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Given they’re going to be in full contact training from next week then surely one positive test means the whole squad has to self isolate for 14 days?

Its obviously not going to run very smoothly and the games will all be postponed 

Not necessarily. The government are saying that you need to be in close contact for a 15 minute period, which won't happen with football (that's 15 minutes in one go). Also, the PL have said that reduced squad sizes won't postpone or cancel matches, so the lapdogs of the EFL are bound to lick this up and follow suit. 

51 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

The way it works is that the people who are tested positive tell the Track & Trace team who they have been in contact with, or where they have been, in the last 7 days (maybe 14 days). The Govenment then fly in on big black helicopters and shoot anyone who they've been in contact with, or anyone using 5G. 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You know this track and trace app thing the government wants us to use?

Well how does it work if these positive cases for Covid in the Championship are kept secret?

How come the players and staff testing positive aren't announced?

Why are they kept secret?

Surely it's a risk to everyone who's been in contact with them if it's kept secret that they have tested positive?

I'm confused

Someone explain to me why these positive tests aren't publicised/announced properly and the players identified?

Breach of data protection laws maybe?

3 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Breach of data protection laws maybe?

Well more than that

Right to confidentiality enshrined in law

In clinical governance one of the main pillars of medical ethics 

And also one of the easiest to fall foul of

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

It's time the EFL grew a pair and just bloody cancelled the season and make it nil and void. Just start again when it's safe to do so with all teams starting in the divisions they are in now. 

Can’t go upsetting Leeds and West Brom tho

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, scram said:

Well more than that

Right to confidentiality enshrined in law

In clinical governance one of the main pillars of medical ethics 

And also one of the easiest to fall foul of

No Breaches need occur.

Test Mr  A :   Mr A  tests positive, the follow up question is who have you had close contact with in recent days. Mr A says Mrs A, the kids and Mr B                    His wife and kids are tested (repeat above). Mr A then passes on the address of Mr B who is contacted to be tested. Repeat ad infinitum.                                                              No breach of Data there as far as I can see

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well how does it work if these positive cases for Covid in the Championship are kept secret?

Surely it's a risk to everyone who's been in contact with them if it's kept secret that they have tested positive?

I'm confused

Someone explain to me why these positive tests aren't publicised/announced properly and the players identified?

Ah! If only all IT projects could be implemented as effectively as track and trace... Your questions, unfortunately, may not yet (or ever) have accurate and comprehensive answers.

I work in IT and have a fair bit of experience in managing and delivering IT projects. I do not see anything in the Government's track and trace project that offers the slightest hint that it will be up and running to full capacity by next week. It's not even been tested for scaling or capacity as far as we know let alone be piloted in an equivalent environment. 

Although I have no inside information and have no connection with the project other than the reports of "progress" that are in the public domain, it has all the hallmarks that beset a typical high profile Government project so I reckon that it is unlikely it will be the saviour of mankind.

5 hours ago, mogbad said:

It's only small numbers now but last week it was 2 & after a weeks training in small groups it's increased 5 fold to 10.  The same level of increase next week would result in 50 positive tests. At what point does it start to raise alarms with the EFL.

When the members of the EFL board have got it. Everyone else is expendable.

6 hours ago, ANDY said:

I'd be sceptical about this.....heard our tests were done by D-Testers!! WTF:

On a serious note.....its hard to get my head around this living in a place that's managed the crisis efficiently and effectively. I'm baffled how these could be positive if they'd been self isolating legitimately. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

What will be really funny is if Leeds and WBA fall apart, and end up missing out on promotion. They will then sue the EFL oft restarting the season. Dem Blavdes will get to the FA cup semi final and have to play it at an empty Wembley, while there fans moan about having to watch it on telly.

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We couldn't track 10 people with it in March. With shops reopening and people mixing more we've got no chance of tracking the thousands that currently have it. Doesn't matter if Dom's brother has made some dodgy app or not, we're just not in a position to track anything but deaths. Thousands of deaths

On 30/05/2020 at 21:32, @owlstalk said:

I'm confused

I would imagine there is a difference between announcing it in the national news and contacting the individuals who have contact with them.

As long as the people who have contact with them are informed, what good will it do telling the whole country?