LATEST - 10 Championship players tested positive for Covid-19

It doesn't look good. If they've been mixing with other players it will end up with some teams being either in lockdown or short a few players. This is a potential car crash.

I'm still not sure this season will end by actually playing all the games.

• Like 4

It's time the EFL grew a pair and just bloody cancelled the season and make it nil and void. Just start again when it's safe to do so with all teams starting in the divisions they are in now. 

• Like 5

You know this track and trace app thing the government wants us to use?

Well how does it work if these positive cases for Covid in the Championship are kept secret?

How come the players and staff testing positive aren't announced?

Why are they kept secret?

Surely it's a risk to everyone who's been in contact with them if it's kept secret that they have tested positive?

I'm confused

Someone explain to me why these positive tests aren't publicised/announced properly and the players identified?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

It's only small numbers now but last week it was 2 & after a weeks training in small groups it's increased 5 fold to 10.  The same level of increase next week would result in 50 positive tests. At what point does it start to raise alarms with the EFL.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Well how does it work if these positive cases for Covid in the Championship are kept secret?

Surely it's a risk to everyone who's been in contact with them if it's kept secret that they have tested positive?

I'm confused

Someone explain to me why these positive tests aren't publicised/announced properly and the players identified?

AS Far as I'm aware with the app it notifies you if you've been near someone who tests positive but it doesn't say who it. It makes sense really because some people might get annoyed at the person infecting them.

The app is a disaster by all accounts. I've spoken to a few technical people and they say it isn't fit for purpose. Lot's of security issues with it and it doesn't work very well. We will see.

Just now, mogbad said:

It's only small numbers now but last week it was 2 & after a weeks training in small groups it's increased 5 fold to 10.  The same level of increase next week would result in 50 positive tests. At what point does it start to raise alarms with the EFL.

Do they care? It's the money....

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm confused

The way it works is that the people who are tested positive tell the Track & Trace team who they have been in contact with, or where they have been, in the last 7 days (maybe 14 days). The Govenment then fly in on big black helicopters and shoot anyone who they've been in contact with, or anyone using 5G. 

Summat like that. I may have made some of this up, but hey, anything for conspiracy lol

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
29 minutes ago, prowl said:

AS Far as I'm aware with the app it notifies you if you've been near someone who tests positive but it doesn't say who it. It makes sense really because some people might get annoyed at the person infecting them.

The app is a disaster by all accounts. I've spoken to a few technical people and they say it isn't fit for purpose. Lot's of security issues with it and it doesn't work very well. We will see.

I read it all as that if you’re notified by the contact tracers that you’ve been in contact with someone who has it you’re expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Given they’re going to be in full contact training from next week then surely one positive test means the whole squad has to self isolate for 14 days?

Its obviously not going to run very smoothly and the games will all be postponed 

27 minutes ago, prowl said:

The problem with the app is that it has been pushed out to third parties like Serco to recruit staff. The average wage on offer is something like £20k p.a. so what are the Government expecting? They are also looking for IT staff, but again they are not recruiting the correct staff with the right skills at the right price. I won't go in to my experience but I was offered a contracting role at a rate I would have turned down 20 years ago. It seems to me that they aren't at all serious about this app, otherwise they would have had the right people on board from day one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I read it all as that if you’re notified by the contact tracers that you’ve been in contact with someone who has it you’re expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Given they’re going to be in full contact training from next week then surely one positive test means the whole squad has to self isolate for 14 days?

Its obviously not going to run very smoothly and the games will all be postponed 

Tackling somebody a few times won't count as sufficient contact to self isolate.