LATEST - 10 Championship players tested positive for Covid-19

On 30/05/2020 at 22:10, LondonOwl313 said:

I read it all as that if you’re notified by the contact tracers that you’ve been in contact with someone who has it you’re expected to self isolate for 14 days.

Given they’re going to be in full contact training from next week then surely one positive test means the whole squad has to self isolate for 14 days?

Its obviously not going to run very smoothly and the games will all be postponed 

Here's where the problem lies.

Judging by Week 1 training videos, I think the distancing will save them from having to isolate. But as soon as contact comes in in week 2, this no longer works. Even if the contact training comes in groups of 5, that's 5 players gone from your squad from one positive test.

Having said that, it will likely be less than 14 days as I assume the other 4 will continue to be tested.

11 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I would imagine there is a difference between announcing it in the national news and contacting the individuals who have contact with them.

As long as the people who have contact with them are informed, what good will it do telling the whole country?

Apart from the fact that those coming into contact might not get contacted

How do the players know/remember/contact everyone who's been in contact with them?

If I knew you had it having read about it, I could go get tested or isolate

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from the fact that those coming into contact might not get contacted

How do the players know/remember/contact everyone who's been in contact with them?

If I knew you had it having read about it, I could go get tested or isolate

Wouldn't it be the same issue with any other person in the country who tests positive?

Are you suggesting that everyone's name should be released publically? To be honest, that might actually work better than test and trace. But if that isnt the rules, then no reason why footballers should be outed in public if no-one else is.

Surely it will be a free for all in the courts, much as I think the season morally should be cancelled, I can understand the point of view of clubs in with a chance of promotion been pretty upset about the situation. 

Would we as Wednesday fans be happy if we was ten points clear at the top of the table and it was snatched away from us?

Would we just accept it with a shrug of the shoulders?  I think not.

Just now, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Wouldn't it be the same issue with any other person in the country who tests positive?

Are you suggesting that everyone's name should be released publically? To be honest, that might actually work better than test and trace. But if that isnt the rules, then no reason why footballers should be outed in public if no-one else is.

Nah I'm just saying that when the results are announced (e.g. 8 players from 3 clubs are positive) then releasing the names of the players would not only allow those who have come into contact with them recently to get tested, isolate, or seek medical advice (it could save their life). 

If footballers are going to be dribbling and sweating over each other in training/games that's one thing. If testing positive as a result of it then surely people should be aware of who so they can make arrangements for their own health

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Surely it will be a free for all in the courts, much as I think the season morally should be cancelled, I can understand the point of view of clubs in with a chance of promotion been pretty upset about the situation. 

Would we as Wednesday fans be happy if we was ten points clear at the top of the table and it was snatched away from us?

Football will be played out in the courts I think

Regardless of what the outcomes are on or off the pitch

I can see many clubs just trying to challenge outcomes through lawyers

What a mess

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah I'm just saying that when the results are announced (e.g. 8 players from 3 clubs are positive) then releasing the names of the players would not only allow those who have come into contact with them recently to get tested, isolate, or seek medical advice (it could save their life). 

If footballers are going to be dribbling and sweating over each other in training/games that's one thing. If testing positive as a result of it then surely people should be aware of who so they can make arrangements for their own health

Perhaps you are right. I think it offers more shortcomings with the track and trace system in general, rather than showing footballers should be dealt with differently.

The problem is, can you get a test if the contact trackers contact you? I got the impression you just had to isolate and would only get a test if you show symptoms. To me, the ideal would be test people who have been contacted after 3 days. There is no point in testing people on day one as the chances are they will pass the test even if they are recently infected. But forcing people to self isolate for a whole 14 days, rather than testing them, seems unfair.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This is definitely the issue.

Cancel the season and all those set for promotion will sue.

Continue the season and anyone who is relegated after having whole groups of players self isolating will sue.

No win situation.

• Like 1