3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He said in his joining interview he’s joined to play upfront. That gives us -

paterson

zohore?

windass 

kachunga 

Rhodes 

Reach?

Pretty clear monk doesn’t fancy Rhodes although if we are ever going to get anything out of him then it will be with a partner like Paterson or even zohore. 

We may see windass starting to drop into a more attacking CM role later on in games as Brown hasn’t played much football over the last year and clearly isn’t quite fit enough. 

Hopefully reach now starts to fight for a place on the left but I’m not sure if his performance last season at Swansea has convinced monk otherwise?

For me personally I would go to 4-3-3

Paterson and zohore for the central role,

Windass,kachunga,Harris,reach for the wide forward role leaving the 3 in the middle as it is.

The only concern in a 4-3-3 is we’d need a new LB. Is Penney up to it? Odubajo shaky defensively and naturally right sided. Palmer could do a job but prefer him on his favoured side. 

19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

paterson

zohore?

windass 

kachunga 

Rhodes 

Reach?

Pretty clear monk doesn’t fancy Rhodes although if we are ever going to get anything out of him then it will be with a partner like Paterson or even zohore. 

We may see windass starting to drop into a more attacking CM role later on in games as Brown hasn’t played much football over the last year and clearly isn’t quite fit enough. 

Hopefully reach now starts to fight for a place on the left but I’m not sure if his performance last season at Swansea has convinced monk otherwise?

Windass,kachunga,Harris,reach for the wide forward role leaving the 3 in the middle as it is.

A 4-3-3 formation with 2 up top? how does that work? :image:

23 minutes ago, 83owl said:

paterson

zohore?

windass 

kachunga 

Rhodes 

Reach?

Agree with this. 3-5-2 as it's benefits attacking wise and our midfield looks our biggest strength but over the course of a congested season with numerous midweek games, we'd need greater strength in depth. Especially more cover in the wing back, defensive and attacking areas, plus a defensive midfielder is needed to shield the defence and allow our creative midfielders further up the pitch. Whereas reverting back to a back four would arguably suit the players we currently have. We still need a few more players and could still make use of our loanee quota. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Dunkley

Sanderson Luongo Reach

Bannan Brown

Paterson  Zohore

Would be bloody happy with that. Harris, Rhodes, Windass, Kachunga good options from the bench. Borner and Van Aken cover in defence. Joey, Dele and Hunt good enough options in midfield if the main 3 get injured. 

No way should windass be on the bench the guy works his socks off from start to finish and causes problems 

if he doesn’t start upfront he takes up a position out wide for me and keeps the pressure on 

he’s so undervalued by some on here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only concern in a 4-3-3 is we’d need a new LB. Is Penney up to it? Odubajo shaky defensively and naturally right sided. Palmer could do a job but prefer him on his favoured side. 

Think we need one anyway. A first choice attacking full back could cover both wing back and full back positions whichever we play. Penney to provide backup/competition depending on how he progresses. 

Palmer and odubajo for right hand side.

Personally think wingbacks are best if they are able to influence the play in front of them. What I mean is being able to cross from deeper positions (like reach or Bannan can) rather than needing to get to the by line (like Harris does)

15 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

He was brilliant here and I was so disappointed when Fulham splashed 5m (?) on him, but....he's having a horrific season.  Embarassed by Fulham staff publically, leaking goals...but to be fair, looked like he was in 2nd gear against us.  

Maybe if he was somewhere that appreciated him and built his confidence back up, who knows.  Is a selection of Iorfa, Borner, Lees, Dunkley and Van Aken for a season of playing 3 at the back enough?  We need one more.  But is he the one?  

Sometimes players don't do much and then they move to a new club and it clicks. I think that was the case with Hector, he found his home here. I felt the same with Wickham, he was better for us than before or since. Trouble id Wickham didn't click when he came back last season. I'm not sure Hector would either. Who knows he might but he needs to move on from Fulham it's not working for him this year .

49 minutes ago, prowl said:

Sometimes players don't do much and then they move to a new club and it clicks. I think that was the case with Hector, he found his home here. I felt the same with Wickham, he was better for us than before or since. Trouble id Wickham didn't click when he came back last season. I'm not sure Hector would either. Who knows he might but he needs to move on from Fulham it's not working for him this year .

Maybe its just a question of getting used to the faster pace of the Premier and another couple of games he might be better adjusted to it. 

Sad to see him struggle as he seems a decent sort and he definitely can play. Hope he wins through and proves his dictractors wrong. 

Not sure if mentioned but Marcus Maddison has signed for Charlton on a free. A player who would have given us some quality but instead we don't seem to be looking at the free agent market much which just seems strange when so many players could be picked up without any fees being paid out.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not sure if mentioned but Marcus Maddison has signed for Charlton on a free. A player who would have given us some quality but instead we don't seem to be looking at the free agent market much which just seems strange when so many players could be picked up without any fees being paid out.

He was well sought after by championship club's wonder why he chose Charlton

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There's a reason no championship team picked him up.

• Like 2

Think Palmer played some of his best football for us at left back under Bruce? I’d rather have a proper left footer on his natural side tho tbh? As for zohore defo think he’ll end up here deadline day or just before? No one else looks like wanting him at least for the rumered 25k a week we offered ? Wba defo holding out for the best deal for them? Posted few weeks ago my brother mate used to work in Brun and knew Roger Johnson from work, when he came here on loan under Dave Jones he wrote a % of his wages off to come here and play. Can’t remember exact figures but fur argument sake he on 40k we offered 25k he lost 15 so Brun weren’t out of pocket ? 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just don’t think Zohore is worth the wages being mentioned. 1 good season he has had and that’s it. Would rather us take a chance on a young Prem striker or even an established player from Europe. 

Like who?