Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Now we have Paterson and he’s been told he’s here to play up top then I’d seriously look to swerve the Zohore deal with the numbers being mentioned. It makes no sense to undo all the hard work done getting the club in a better shape this summer to then do that on someone who isn’t great in the scoring department.

I’d much rather us try and bring on a goalscorer now in the same way that Swansea did with Brewster last season. Who are the precocious young strikers next off the conveyor belts of these bigger clubs? It’s far less risky than spending £25k a week on Zohore.

Still also think that Deon Sanderson would be a plus for the club with his versatility in both playing on the right and at the back.

• Like 7

Guest Mcguigan
13 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Now we have Paterson and he’s been told he’s here to play up top then I’d seriously look to swerve the Zohore deal with the numbers being mentioned. It makes no sense to undo all the hard work done getting the club in a better shape this summer to then do that on someone who isn’t great in the scoring department.

I’d much rather us try and bring on a goalscorer now in the same way that Swansea did with Brewster last season. Who are the precocious young strikers next off the conveyor belts of these bigger clubs? It’s far less risky than spending £25k a week on Zohore.

Still also think that Deon Sanderson would be a plus for the club with his versatility in both playing on the right and at the back.

If we're being told to pick up the £25k pw wages, we won't be getting Zohore.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

If we're being told to pick up the £25k pw wages, we won't be getting Zohore.

rather borrow Grosicki off them instead. Seen him linked with Forest. He’d be terrific here on loan for a season. 

A random name Tristan Abraham - young striker at Newport County quick and mobile and looks to be starting to develop. This season scored 6 goals in 7 games and 1 assist. He is in the last year of his contract and is not valued more than probably a £200-300k, could well develop into a much better player in the next few years but could be the sort of player we should take a punt on. 

He could come in score a few and before we know it we have a player worth a lot more or he doesn't develop as much as hoped and it costs us a few hundred grand.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A random name Tristan Abraham - young striker at Newport County quick and mobile and looks to be starting to develop. This season scored 6 goals in 7 games and 1 assist. He is in the last year of his contract and is not valued more than probably a £200-300k, could well develop into a much better player in the next few years but could be the sort of player we should take a punt on. 

He could come in score a few and before we know it we have a player worth a lot more or he doesn't develop as much as hoped and it costs us a few hundred grand.

Thats a lot of "Coulds" for £300,000.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I'd be more enthusiastic about this type of signing, tham spending £1m+ on Zohores wages for 7 months.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

If only, not many big clubs will lend us a striker like that, especially if they think we will be playing him alongside a makeshift centre forward, who’s main job is to rough up defenders Most clubs have moved beyond those tactics, and would rather their young players move to a footballing side

• Haha 1

I mentioned this player about three weeks ago and I am surprised no EFL Championship club have been linked as far as Im aware and that player is Ellis Simms at Everton who has been free scoring for them at U23 level and doesn't appear to be part of the list team plans currently. I have two mates who are big Everton fans and they have raved about this lad for 12 months now. 

Could be a good season long loan at the right price.. Possibly the same as Brewster was for Swansea last year.....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GRNOwl said:

I mentioned this player about three weeks ago and I am surprised no EFL Championship club have been linked as far as Im aware and that player is Ellis Simms at Everton who has been free scoring for them at U23 level and doesn't appear to be part of the list team plans currently. I have two mates who are big Everton fans and they have raved about this lad for 12 months now. 

Could be a good season long loan at the right price.. Possibly the same as Brewster was for Swansea last year.....

Mentioned him right at the start of the window

My mate is a season ticket holder at Everton and also thinks he could do with a season in the championship as Everton have high hopes for him. Beattie will also know Unsworth the Everton U23 manager

Another one i'd potentially ask about is Patrick Roberts at Man City if he's not gone anywhere. Potentially could play at wing back

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

He’s been mentioned a few times in the last couple of pages. But it seems a good time to snap him up. Last season he was good at holding the ball and making the runs but his end product was horrendous, but it seems to be clicking. There will be a queue if he keeps it up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GRNOwl said:

He’s good mates with Adedoyin. Might be a decent shout on loan. Surprised the last great hope (Hornsby) ended up in France and not the championship 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If only, not many big clubs will lend us a striker like that, especially if they think we will be playing him alongside a makeshift centre forward, who’s main job is to rough up defenders Most clubs have moved beyond those tactics, and would rather their young players move to a footballing side

I would try watching football rather than spending all week on here. From your comments I doubt you have seen Wednesday play a game this season? 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I would try watching football rather than spending all week on here. From your comments I doubt you have seen Wednesday play a game this season? 

Can we now? I thought we were restricted to tv and online How many times have you seen Paterson play for Wednesday then smartarse?

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can we now? I thought we were restricted to tv and online How many times have you seen Paterson play for Wednesday then smartarse?

I thought so you have not seen one game of Wednesday this season. This is clear from your comments. I have watched every game on line this season except first cup game which was on Sky TV. You I doubt have watched any games using any medium or have done so asleep.

You make statements which clearly show lack of knowledge of how team are set up and playing.

To castigate somebody before kicking a ball is bad enough but to indicate would not fit in when have no idea how team is working as a unit is rediculous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

He looks a decent striker on the rise. He'd be a smart low risk signing for a Championship level club, without breaking the bank. He was my League Two top scorer tip for this season on a top scorers prediction thread just before the season started. He was a handful against Newcastle yesterday and has started the season in good form, I think he could make the step up. 

• Like 3