Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

With the domestic market not closing till the 16th I wouldn't be too concerned if it didn't happy on Monday. Spend time analysing PL squads, see who are not selected and start looking there. Teams like Everton (Ellis Simms perhaps) and Spurs ( Kaziah Sterling) are looking to trim their squads so may have players available. Plus the free agent market for the likes of Alex Denny or Matt O'Reily is still an option 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

For all the talk of Zohore, I think we’re more in need of a wide player good in 1v1s. With Murphy & da Cruz gone, only leaves us Harris with that skills set. We need someone with quality and better end-product.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Looks like who is going to blink first if WBA don't, then I feel we will walk away.

WBA are desperate to get out of door some players. Manager saying this does not really advertise them but gives indication they are not wanted. If they were asking rediculous money they will not get it. Remember somebody onhere said Att Chansiri deleted him from hiis instagram account. This tells me the man in charge has said not going to happen so if WBA do not cave he is staying put. Having said that WBAhave reputation of sticking to guns so reall hope we are seriously. looking at other options.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Charlie Austin to Derby is an interesting one,currently in talks.

If it is loan it is a much better bet than Zohore. We need a goal scorer and Austin is one of those but has had lots of injury worries.

Jota released by villa was a quality player cup yrs ago? Don’t see where he fit in with us but shows how quickly things can turn bad? Sure zohore will arrive late in window but for 25 k a week got to be someone else out there for that money ? Think zohore will add qualities we ain’t got hope we have other targets? Defo prefer Austin to be honest ? Always scores wherever he played 

15 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t think of too many domestic options, if we are looking for someone who does what Zohore does. He does a bit of everything and is a decent focal point for the attack. He doesn’t particularly excel at any of them, he’s quickish, has enough of a physical presence, though not great in the air, he should win enough battles. He scores all types of goals, albeit not on a regular basis. His plus point, I suppose, is his hold play and his ability to pick out teammates. Yes we’d like better, but I can’t think of many available who would do a similar. His teammate, Austin for example, has more goals in him, but probably doesn’t have the range of skills that Monk requires from his centre forward Hopefully, if he comes, he may relish being the main man, and add a few percentages to those all round skills

I actually thought we were looking for a striker who scored goals (because that is what we need). The team does not have a lot of goals in it currently we need somebody who can chip inwith 15 or so.

Zohore is slower than Patterson I think. He is too expensive for what he is at this moment, I can not see either side budging. Hence hope we are looking at other options.

Interesting comment about Austin he is a goal scorer I except his work rate is not what Monk is looking for as all he has brought in work really hard

14 minutes ago, Quist said:

I actually thought we were looking for a striker who scored goals (because that is what we need). The team does not have a lot of goals in it currently we need somebody who can chip inwith 15 or so.

Zohore is slower than Patterson I think. He is too expensive for what he is at this moment, I can not see either side budging. Hence hope we are looking at other options.

Interesting comment about Austin he is a goal scorer I except his work rate is not what Monk is looking for as all he has brought in work really hard

Zohore is quicker than most for his size? Agree about a goal scorer? By the looks we looking at all of them chipping in with the goals? With the quick turnaround in games this season more of a squad game than ever ? But would love it if we could get two of ours to forge a partnership and bang a few in cus rest of squad no go history of chipping in with many😳

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Jota released by villa was a quality player cup yrs ago? Don’t see where he fit in with us but shows how quickly things can turn bad? Sure zohore will arrive late in window but for 25 k a week got to be someone else out there for that money ? Think zohore will add qualities we ain’t got hope we have other targets? Defo prefer Austin to be honest ? Always scores wherever he played 

Really? He’d be good on a free. Reach out, Jota in as an impact player would be good business. Probly go back to Brum though.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Really? He’d be good on a free. Reach out, Jota in as an impact player would be good business. Probly go back to Brum though.

Think he’d be worth a go myself always looks dangerous and comfortable on the ball ? Prob get played wingback tho😳

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

For all the talk of Zohore, I think we’re more in need of a wide player good in 1v1s. With Murphy & da Cruz gone, only leaves us Harris with that skills set. We need someone with quality and better end-product.

Kachunga, windass, Patterson

all direct fast players capable of playing wide and all have better end product than Harris 

harris has the better of pace though 

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga, windass, Patterson

all direct fast players capable of playing wide and all have better end product than Harris 

harris has the better of pace though 

They aren‘t wing-backs, and there’s more to 1v1s than being quick and direct.