Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Striker is an absolute must. We don’t score enough as it is, we need a replacement for Fletch.

I’d say two, a main striker and one to play off him Plus, if Monk wants to continue with this ridiculous system,  we’ll need a couple more centre backs, and a few wing backs That should do it until January

I’m starting to think there isn’t a plan, and Monk is in danger of ballsing up this window. Five players signed, and yet those no real shape or direction We still don’t have the pieces in place to play the system he wants and our attacking options are all over the place

Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m starting to think there isn’t a plan, and Monk is in danger of ballsing up this window. Five players signed, and yet theres no real shape or direction We still don’t have the pieces in place to play the system he wants and our attacking options are all over the place

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

4 games in a row now that one of our players hasn’t scored for us. We need to address that and get a goalscorer in before the deadline. The squad is so short of quality. Just hope that Brown isn’t out long term. He’s such a good player. 

Goal scorer would be wasted in this side as we create absolutely nothing

We have wide men who can’t cross, midfielders who don’t get forward and set pieces that don’t pick out our own men 90% of the time

Unless a new forward who can hold the ball up and make his own chances any one who we bring in won’t score lots of goals

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’d say two, a main striker and one to play off him Plus, if Monk wants to continue with this ridiculous system,  we’ll need a couple more centre backs, and a few wing backs That should do it until January

we won’t be signing 2 strikers 

we have 4 already technically, so one more will be fine , hopefully be zahore 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Goal scorer would be wasted in this side as we create absolutely nothing

We have wide men who can’t cross, midfielders who don’t get forward and set pieces that don’t pick out our own men 90% of the time

Unless a new forward who can hold the ball up and make his own chances any one who we bring in won’t score lots of goals

think that’s harsh on reach who is very good when he’s actually played out wide at crossing generally 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

think that’s harsh on reach who is very good when he’s actually played out wide at crossing generally 

I can’t remember one header we had on goal today

The final ball from out wide the majority of the time is generally awful

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

we won’t be signing 2 strikers 

we have 4 already technically, so one more will be fine , hopefully be zahore 

You could be right, but if that’s the case, we’ll continue to struggle. If we bring in Zohore, who’s gonna play up front with him? From what I’ve seen of the ones we have, perhaps only Windass can partner him. That pairing won’t score enough goals, and it’s no good looking to midfield for goals either, they will not provide many at all

30 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Or Monk gone (wishful thinking)

Not going to happen seeing as we’ve just hired 3 of his back room staff too.  Only thing that could change it is a new owner but can’t see that happening until we aren’t heading for league 1.

As it’s Nixon it’s likely to be something about not wanting to pay Zohore wages.

He never seems to be the first to break transfer target news 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You could be right, but if that’s the case, we’ll continue to struggle. If we bring in Zohore, who’s gonna play up front with him? From what I’ve seen of the ones we have, perhaps only Windass can partner him. That pairing won’t score enough goals, and it’s no good looking to midfield for goals either, they will not provide many at all

personally I’d go with Paterson , played together at Cardiff , think with reach at wing back and brown in middle with windass also available it gives us a decent chance, I don’t think we will score a shed load but with dunkley due back, he’s a goal threat from set pieces . 

think realistically we will aim for 60 goals and hopefully have a solid defence , can’t see us scoring 2 + in many games 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not going to happen seeing as we’ve just hired 3 of his back room staff too.  Only thing that could change it is a new owner but can’t see that happening until we aren’t heading for league 1.

As it’s Nixon it’s likely to be something about not wanting to pay Zohore wages.

He never seems to be the first to break transfer target news 

It will happen 3 backroom staff or not if results continue as they are.

10 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

It will happen 3 backroom staff or not if results continue as they are.

5 points from 4 games? 
we have made up 4 points on 4th bottom. We are a bang average at best championship side so points wise we are on par with what’s expected. 
Some fans make me laugh. Deluded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1