Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

24 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

They have, mate of mine is a big QPR fan and really rates Dykes, but he also says they are poor in defense and really leaking goals.

He thinks we will definitely score against them tomorrow.

Hate to say it but I wouldn't bank on us definitely scoring in any home game at present. Hopefully, Patterson will make the difference.

• Like 2

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

time to move on imo. The lads injured also isn’t he. 

So they say not seen that reported by any reporters, I may have missed it.

In two minds  about him if he wants to come here then that shows some positivity but if he's injured when we really need him available straight away thats a big negative.  Hopefully we have other irons in the fire should we not be able to get him over the line.  But we need to making that decision sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

says in Doom's article that he is now fit and wants to come, which is a positive

WBA are clearly holding out for the biggest % of wages from anybody and will wait until deadline day to do a deal

honestly don't think we will be paying anywhere near 25k a week for him

35 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If he’s that desperate to sign then why doesn’t he take a slight pay cut on his reported 40k a week salary... 

Think he’ll end up moving somewhere (poss us) at the last hour of deadline day when West Brom finally realise that they’ll never get someone to cover the lions share of that salary for someone like him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flash said:

If he’s that desperate to sign then why doesn’t he take a slight pay cut on his reported 40k a week salary... 

Think he’ll end up moving somewhere (poss us) at the last hour of deadline day when West Brom finally realise that they’ll never get someone to cover the lions share of that salary for someone like him. 

I don't think he is desperate to sign, and what's with everyone demanding that someone should take wage cut when they made a contract in all good faith? 

Think your right that it will come to the final hour if he does sign, hopefully we will have someone else lined up if all falls through. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Zohore will end up here i think, not too comfortable with what he will cost though 

Hope not, that'd be 5 strikers expecting to start/on first team wages. 

Get somebody younger in, or have Hagan as a 5th option if needed. 

• Like 1

As I look at it with regards to Zohore, I think it’s a loan with a view to a permanent deal? Sometime within the next 12 months we’ll offload Rhodes. Kachunga has only signed for the year. This only leaves Windass and Paterson as our only strikers beyond this season.

I think Monk has got one eye on playing Paterson and Zohore as a front two and recreating the success they had together at Cardiff?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Paterson is No.5. Suggests still in the hunt for a No.9. 

He said in his joining interview he’s joined to play upfront. That gives us -

paterson

zohore?

windass 

kachunga 

Rhodes 

Reach?

Pretty clear monk doesn’t fancy Rhodes although if we are ever going to get anything out of him then it will be with a partner like Paterson or even zohore. 

We may see windass starting to drop into a more attacking CM role later on in games as Brown hasn’t played much football over the last year and clearly isn’t quite fit enough. 

Hopefully reach now starts to fight for a place on the left but I’m not sure if his performance last season at Swansea has convinced monk otherwise?

For me personally I would go to 4-3-3

Paterson and zohore for the central role,

Windass,kachunga,Harris,reach for the wide forward role leaving the 3 in the middle as it is.

• Like 1

Dawson

Iorfa Lees Dunkley

Sanderson Luongo Reach

Bannan Brown

Paterson  Zohore

Would be bloody happy with that. Harris, Rhodes, Windass, Kachunga good options from the bench. Borner and Van Aken cover in defence. Joey, Dele and Hunt good enough options in midfield if the main 3 get injured. 

• Like 3