Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

12 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Not that I'm aware of 

Bennetts is on loan from Borussia Mönchengladbach and according to Wiki, he started at Spurs 

Yes, my bad, I was confusing him with the guy who’s gone from United to Tottenham

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Swansea City have signed Brighton striker Viktor Gyokeres on a season-long loan

I’ve been impressed with Swansea’s recruitment this past 12 months. A lot of good business done in the loan market in particular.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Like who? 

I was going to sa Gyoeres but he has just gone to Swansea.

I would look at Liverpool reserves they have gone out of League Cup and have some good reserves.

There is a young lad at Everton who another poster mentioned.

Fulham went out of League Cup the other night they have numerous forwards I would consider one of those before Zohore. 

Chelsea are another team with no further involvement in League Cup, I am sure they have options preferable to Zohore.

Too many indicators that suggest Zohore is not great.

-WBA paid a lot for him last year and he hardly played.

-His stats do not look good.

-He is on extremely highwage for what he has achieved.

-Cardiff offloaded him quickly which suggested they realised not a man to get them out of this league.

-Warnock praised him but showed no interest in signing him for Middlesborough.

-Never been capped by his country which was pointed out by another poster.

-Has been injured and Nixon said would be a month before ready to play.

Currently it is a buyers market and it looks as though we still have a few quid, so we should not be looking at paying over odds for someone with less than average record.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve been impressed with Swansea’s recruitment this past 12 months. A lot of good business done in the loan market in particular.

They seem willing to gamble on young talents We talk about doing the same, but always end up signing players with less talent, but a bit more experience

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

I was going to sa Gyoeres but he has just gone to Swansea.

I would look at Liverpool reserves they have gone out of League Cup and have some good reserves.

There is a young lad at Everton who another poster mentioned.

Fulham went out of League Cup the other night they have numerous forwards I would consider one of those before Zohore. 

Chelsea are another team with no further involvement in League Cup, I am sure they have options preferable to Zohore.

Too many indicators that suggest Zohore is not great.

-WBA paid a lot for him last year and he hardly played.

-His stats do not look good.

-He is on extremely highwage for what he has achieved.

-Cardiff offloaded him quickly which suggested they realised not a man to get them out of this league.

-Warnock praised him but showed no interest in signing him for Middlesborough.

-Never been capped by his country which was pointed out by another poster.

-Has been injured and Nixon said would be a month before ready to play.

Currently it is a buyers market and it looks as though we still have a few quid, so we should not be looking at paying over odds for someone with less than average record.

How do you know we have not been tracking some of the players you have mentioned ? 

Who knows what deal we are after with Zahore ? 
loan plus option to purchase? 

I am surprised a few posters on here are not being targeted by the club to impart their knowledge in helping the club with their recruitment . 

How many mentioned Patterson before we showed our interest in him ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

How do you know we have not been tracking some of the players you have mentioned ? 

I am surprised a few posters on here are not being targeted by the club to impart their knowledge in helping the club with their recruitment . 

Not me

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

I sincerely hope we are tracking other optionsand according to Dom we do have other irons in fire.

The loan plus option to purchase somenbody with his record would be risky.

You asked what other options available I gave a few indicators as to where players may be available I am sure many other options will exist too.

I did not know of interest in Patterson but his way of playing fits with our style we have adopted.

With Zohore I do not like the way he his being peddled and get feeling he would be a mistake. If he was cheap ok but he has done nothing of note to be on super wages. Think I am not alone.

It is a buyers market at the moment so no need to pay over odds.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

I sincerely hope we are tracking other optionsand according to Dom we do have other irons in fire.

You asked what other options available I gave a few indicators as to where players may be available I am sure many other options will exist too.

I did not know of interest in Patterson but his way of playing fits with our style we have adopted.

With Zohore I do not like the way he his being peddled and get feeling he would be a mistake. If he was cheap ok but he has done nothing of note to be on super wages. Think I am not alone.

If we were not trying to get him on our terms , he would be here now on what WBA are asking for him 

Now Zahore could be a expensive mistake os a astute piece of business 

I am not qualified to make that call 

But someone at the club has to

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They seem willing to gamble on young talents We talk about doing the same, but always end up signing players with less talent, but a bit more experience

They have a manager with a proven track record of developing young players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

I can’t think of too many domestic options, if we are looking for someone who does what Zohore does. He does a bit of everything and is a decent focal point for the attack. He doesn’t particularly excel at any of them, he’s quickish, has enough of a physical presence, though not great in the air, he should win enough battles. He scores all types of goals, albeit not on a regular basis. His plus point, I suppose, is his hold play and his ability to pick out teammates. Yes we’d like better, but I can’t think of many available who would do a similar. His teammate, Austin for example, has more goals in him, but probably doesn’t have the range of skills that Monk requires from his centre forward Hopefully, if he comes, he may relish being the main man, and add a few percentages to those all round skills

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll probably get shot for saying this but to a certain extent we’re still carrying on with the policy of signing of players with premier league promotion on their cv’s. Brown, Kachunga, Paterson, potentially Zohore? Last season we signed Harris, Odubajo, Murphy?

Edited by Jim

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ll probably get shot for saying this but to a certain extent we’re still carrying on with the policy of signing of players with premier league promotion on their cv’s. Brown, Kachunga, Paterson, potentially Zohore? Last season we signed Harris, Odubajo, Murphy?

Apart from the fact they are all way under 30 this time.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

If we were not trying to get him on our terms , he would be here now on what WBA are asking for him 

Now Zahore could be a expensive mistake os a astute piece of business 

I am not qualified to make that call 

But someone at the club has to

That’s true. My concern is they dig their heels in and we buckle as time goes on. I hope this doesn’t happen

and we have other viable options to fall back on.

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

I don’t think that is a bad thing, plus looking at players we can get at a good price and at the right age.

For me I still want to pursue younger more hungry players. I just don't think the zahore deal represents enough value imo (hope to be proven wrong if he signs of course). 

I'd much rather go for like of sanderson and Abrahams as mentioned for that money. 

I also hope a couple of loans in Sims (better gamble than zahore for me) and I don't think Roberts was a bad shout either based on our needs. Would also make switching formations when needed easier (as I think Monk doesn't gamble enough, always like for like). 

That would suit me. Got a good mix of experience through enough positions, young players trying to show parent clubs they are ready and a few of our own we can develop. I think that is good enough for a mid table finish in a normal season, so we can survive with that. 

It would also suggest going forward to other PL clubs that we can be trusted to develop fringe players, not just take their crap. 

So what I'm saying is zahore will sign for 30k a week and a 3m loan fee, 12m transfer next season and that's all we do..... 😯🧐

• Like 1
  • Love 1