Monk’s comments

2 hours ago, LittleG said:

I wouldn't hold your breath; not sure our players have enough character to come out fighting and put a run together. 

I agree totally however he has tried everything else defending them, praising them when we are doing well and they then followed that up with some of the worst performances of the season.

If this doesn't work well frig knows what will bar dismantling the squad totally in the summer and giving him free reign over the backroom staff et'al

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Thought Monk handled his early interviews with a lot of dignity, refusing to blame individuals when the were dropping clangers.

His recent interviews and demeanour looks like he has given in and is shifting the blame for self preservation. Reminds me of Carlos with th £20 note and Jos when he started swearing in an interview.

To be fair to Jos, he was being tormented by the local media who made it clear they thought he could not hang on. He never went for self preservation and in fact maybe the opposite.

everyone knows this is the worst this league has been in many years . I mean forest are near top and we smashed them 4 in 1 half that's us who are shocking , we turned over might leeds , yet wigan Barnsley and we already know luton we come off 2nd best . at min we are a car crash ,unless monk is going to make up with the trouble makers then we have a sorry midfield . looks like hunt and bannan are our centre mid 2 2moro that's 2 players who come up to the shoulders of most midfield powerhouses ,monk has decided that he cant play the useless pelepessy , but unless we win the midfield we lose the game luongo and Hutchinson are vital and needed this season to hit enough points to stay up. our midfield scares the life out of me . so small so weak. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Squad of bottlers who can't handle pressure.

He's now removed some of the pressure.

Good management.

Its not a question of "bottling it"..That suggests the players are good enough...I honestly don't think most of them are.

Monk said absolutely "Nowt" at the initial press conference with Chansiri, when Chansiri said he was "aiming for top 2"..We all thought it ludicrous...but it shows where the the delusion is...and its not the fan base...probably not the players or the manager either....

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not a question of "bottling it"..That suggests the players are good enough...I honestly don't think most of them are.

Monk said absolutely "Nowt" at the initial press conference with Chansiri, when Chansiri said he was "aiming for top 2"..We all thought it ludicrous...but it shows where the the delusion is...and its not the fan base...probably not the players or the manager either....

DC being deluded is a given.

This is the man who thinks he's capable of running a club effectively.

It doesn't get more deluded.

Guest LittleG
45 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I agree totally however he has tried everything else defending them, praising them when we are doing well and they then followed that up with some of the worst performances of the season.

If this doesn't work well frig knows what will bar dismantling the squad totally in the summer and giving him free reign over the backroom staff et'al

You could be right. It seems to me it's a combination of both players and manager underperforming. The first thing he needs to do is get some staff to help him; different sets of eyes on the problem can only help going forward.

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

DC being deluded is a given.

This is the man who thinks he's capable of running a club effectively.

It doesn't get more deluded.

You want it both ways

If DC says he wants top two - Then he's deluded 

If DC says we aren't realistic promotion candidates - Then he has no ambition

You win everytime 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Me neither, but we are good enough to challenge for the play offs. Think too much is made about the squad not being good enough. When managers come out with that kind of stuff, it’s probably a self preservation thing. 
I see plenty of quality in the squad, it just needs a bit of fine tuning. There are players who probably won’t be with us next year, but we’ll replace them in the summer. In the meantime, with plenty of quality options in all departments, we need to be doing much better, most definitely in terms of performance

We have heard that for the last 4 seasons, and the last 3 managers.

It's a copout for the players that have failed. consistently, over that period.

Who is happy with Monk's comments? Certainly not the people running the club and selling season tickets. The players? League doesnt matter, we have no chance of promotion....of course we will be trying....Yes, right, The fans? Expect loads of crap performances but it doesnt matter as long as we finish fourth from bottom. The religiophiles (Monk lovers) will spin it however they can to put a gloss on it. Reverse psychology....I kicked my old mother down the steps to toughen her up for her own good...yes thats believable. Takes the pressure off....of course with every fan out there waiting to see just how bad we can get under a manager with no ambition and all the religiophies expecting us to turn into Real Madrid because the brilliant man manager that is Monk has devised a cunning plan.

It was stupid, badly timed and shows he has lost the pot. The job is too big for him. It may be too big for anyone Chansiri won't give real power to.

Monk is already getting his excuses in. His eye is already on the next job. Fair enough, look after yourself and throw everyone else under a bus. Trouble is, the team is now theoretically stronger than when he said promotion was realistic. He picks the team, he sets the tactics and makes the substitutions. His own words on record are there for all to see. He is useless. The sooner we get rid the better.

9 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Who is happy with Monk's comments? Certainly not the people running the club and selling season tickets. The players? League doesnt matter, we have no chance of promotion....of course we will be trying....Yes, right, The fans? Expect loads of crap performances but it doesnt matter as long as we finish fourth from bottom. The religiophiles (Monk lovers) will spin it however they can to put a gloss on it. Reverse psychology....I kicked my old mother down the steps to toughen her up for her own good...yes thats believable. Takes the pressure off....of course with every fan out there waiting to see just how bad we can get under a manager with no ambition and all the religiophies expecting us to turn into Real Madrid because the brilliant man manager that is Monk has devised a cunning plan.

It was stupid, badly timed and shows he has lost the pot. The job is too big for him. It may be too big for anyone Chansiri won't give real power to.

Monk is already getting his excuses in. His eye is already on the next job. Fair enough, look after yourself and throw everyone else under a bus. Trouble is, the team is now theoretically stronger than when he said promotion was realistic. He picks the team, he sets the tactics and makes the substitutions. His own words on record are there for all to see. He is useless. The sooner we get rid the better.

Please expand on this comment, for the insightful, like myself 

27 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Woo Hoo, another one to add to the list "Religiophiles". 

Nice work fella, means bugger all actually, but nicely done all the same.