Monk’s comments

46 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

We have heard that for the last 4 seasons, and the last 3 managers.

It's a copout for the players that have failed. consistently, over that period.

But there is a whole team of different players from a year ago Do they all turn into bad eggs, seeking to undermine the manager?

Edited by gurujuan

6 hours ago, Minton said:

I don't get this site sometimes. 

Posters have been bleating on about the team being basically relegation fodder and we have been flattering to decieve for months and that Monk is deluded. Then when he comes out and says that we are above expectations and are a mid table team in reality he gets slated by the same people.

Madness 

It sounds like you get the site perfectly well, actually.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It sounds like you get the site perfectly well, actually.

All "new" Fan phrases mate

"tactically unaware"...

I mean imagine someone shoutin' that 20 years ago in Sheffield Nomads league?

"Wha?"

Brought up on FIFA whatever the f.ook..and asking "Why we aren't playing a false No 9 in the hole behind the overlappin' whateverthefook"

Its not a scientific as some think...

Wednesday aren't good enough...all over the pitch, and its showing

Should Monk have sorted it in the one transfer window?

I bloody doubt it

So sack Monk...and then what...The next incumbent loses the dressing room cos of his "tactical unawareness"..While the fans are looking at chess board football instead of just shoutin' "AwaaaaaY!!!"

Even a goalkeeper doing a drop kick, should be looking for this roving no 10 in the hole next to the false whateverthebllx..instead of just getting it up the field..cos thats daft and has no aesthetic merit to it whatsover...Give over!

Monks not a great manager...The players aren't great players...organise what we have , don't expect them to do what they aren't consistently capable of doing, and simply get on with it.

Monk has been a little too timid for me, frightened of losing, these players while not brilliant , are capable of more, at least holding our own..We don't

Cos one up front , at home against such as Cardiff, Blackburn etc..is simply giving in before we start

9 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I'm not sure any of you have read that properly.

“But if I’m honest at the start of the season it wasn’t an ambition for anyone, realistically. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be fighting for that, we are.

“But you can see how much work needs to be done, I’ve said that from the start.”

Several first team players are out of contract at the end of the season and Monk has already made a handful of notable changes in an attempt to freshen things up going forward.

Ok, so does that offer any insight into what Chansiri asked Monk to do?

To me that suggests that Chansiri has finally realised big changes are needed and a total shift in mentality and personnel is required. A playoff position would be a bonus, but it sounds like that was not the priority this season. It might also explain the 10 year season ticket offer. 

Before Monk arrived after Bruce pushed off everyone on here expected a mid table finish. What has changed?

If you don't have the ambition how likely are you to achieve it?

We won't finish mid-table on current form.

9 hours ago, torres said:

Thats what he has said with ''that is not to say we shouldn't be fighting for it - we are''

Half-hearted way out for him that - yeah we did fight for it but it was never realistic was it so what more can you expect........

It is not a realistic ambition for him - great!  I want my manager to be ambitious for our team and to get them to over-achieve - to be more than the sum of their parts as a result of good management, coaching and tactics. 

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Unfortunately I agree. Wilder has got them playing as a team, he can motivate them and get them running through brick walls for him. Monk can’t do any of that, sometimes you have to work with what you have got and get the best out of them, again Monk doesn’t seem capable of that either. 

How long do you think it took Wilder to get them to that point?

Was it overnight? No!

I've come to the conclusion some people just enjoy moaning.

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

All "new" Fan phrases mate

"tactically unaware"...

I mean imagine someone shoutin' that 20 years ago in Sheffield Nomads league?

"Wha?"

Brought up on FIFA whatever the f.ook..and asking "Why we aren't playing a false No 9 in the hole behind the overlappin' whateverthefook"

Its not a scientific as some think...

Wednesday aren't good enough...all over the pitch, and its showing

Should Monk have sorted it in the one transfer window?

I bloody doubt it

So sack Monk...and then what...The next incumbent loses the dressing room cos of his "tactical unawareness"..While the fans are looking at chess board football instead of just shoutin' "AwaaaaaY!!!"

Even a goalkeeper doing a drop kick, should be looking for this roving no 10 in the hole next to the false whateverthebllx..instead of just getting it up the field..cos thats daft and has no aesthetic merit to it whatsover...Give over!

Monks not a great manager...The players aren't great players...organise what we have , don't expect them to do what they aren't consistently capable of doing, and simply get on with it.

Monk has been a little too timid for me, frightened of losing, these players while not brilliant , are capable of more, at least holding our own..We don't

Cos one up front , at home against such as Cardiff, Blackburn etc..is simply giving in before we start

I'll have you know, I once guided Burton Albion to the Champions League on Football Manager, using a double-pivot at the base of midfield, inverted wingers, and a deep-lying target-man playing between the lines.

Monk could learn a thing or two from me.

399897367_FootballManager.jpg.c66d7c8e3558451301e02f42fc3be106.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

How long do you think it took Wilder to get them to that point?

Was it overnight? No!

I've come to the conclusion some people just enjoy moaning.

And some people put up with any old crap and dont mind paying through the nose for it. You really think Monk has shown signs that he is going to be a successful long term manager for us 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, torres said:

I don't think he did that any more than Monk has (who is on his own)

Take out the howlers from 85 minutes onwards and we looked rock solid for a long time.

Sadly the christmas period killed us (Fletcher being out)

Don't forget Bruce for the most part was playing against teams who had given up their season.

He was just a breath of fresh air after Jos in with what he said and putting normal players in their positions  - we also thought he was here for 2 or 3 years 

Monk has come in with a cloud over the club due to the jokers in charge and as soon as its gone a bit pear shaped, the mood has gone even worse.

Any manager we have now needs a fair bit of time.

2 wins in the week and all could be a lot brighter 

We've been saying that for a while.

We've played Stoke, Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Blackburn, Wigan, Millwall and Barnsley in the league and haven't managed 2 good 45 minutes between them never mind 2 wins.

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll have you know, I once guided Burton Albion to the Champions League on Football Manager, using a double-pivot at the base of midfield, inverted wingers, and a deep-lying target-man playing between the lines.

Monk could learn a thing or two from me.

399897367_FootballManager.jpg.c66d7c8e3558451301e02f42fc3be106.jpg

My apologies Jose lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We've been saying that for a while.

We've played Stoke, Cardiff, Hull, Leeds, Blackburn, Wigan, Millwall and Barnsley in the league and haven't managed 2 good 45 minutes between them never mind 2 wins.

We haven’t played well and won for about 3 years to be fair 

14 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Are you pointing the finger at everyone then.

He said no one had an ambition . 

You read it as Monk has no ambition.

Why did he say it?

It seems his ambitions have changed as below it was rightly an ambition to aim for top 6.

Most people's expectations were upper mid-table, if you're expectations as a brow-beaten bunch of supporters is mid-table then top 6 is a realistic ambition and you don't need to hear the manager speaking negatively as he has seen his side slip from 3rd place to 1 win in 8 with turgid performances.

He is coming across as defeatist and it is reflected in performances and results.

9 hours ago, SiJ said: